Grow Great Marijuana

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by LoganEdwards, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Hey guys,

I had to check to make sure it would be OK if I posted a link to a new book I just published. It's called Grow Great Marijuana and it's gotten some pretty good reviews so far from High Times and Marijuana.com.

I'm going to post a few chapters from the book so the thread has some value and isn't just a link to a book. I'm gonna start with the Table of Contents and then if anybody has any requets for which chapters they want to see, please let me know.

I worked on this thing for almost three years and I'm really happy with the way it came out. It's gonna take a few months before the reviews and the ads start showing up, but if anyone is intersted in a great book for beginners that's written in the "Dummies" style, I'd recommend this one.

Anyway, there are obviously some other great titles out there that helped me get started a few years ago and my book completely compliments what's already out there. You can never know too much about growing....

I also want to thank everyone out there from OG who helped me review the book and provide suggestions. There are way too many people to name, but you know who you are!

-logan

Attached Files:

2. That Table of Contents isn't very exciting, so I attached the Where to Grow chapter that's a great start for beginners on choosing a grow space and planning on how to fill it with equipment.

Everyone is welcome to critique my work, but it's already in print, so there isn't much I can do about it. Either way, love it or hate it, let me know!

-Logan

Attached Files:

3. When I try to open the pdf, my computer freezes up, then I get a not responding message. :(

I'll keep trying though, I wanna take a look:D

4. Is anyone else having trouble viewing the PDF files? They look fine on both of my systems and I've sent them out in e-mails and had no problems. If they end up being corrupted, I'll post JPEGs of the pages, but PDFs obviously look a lot better.

logan

5. wow thats so cool that you wrote a book. good luck and i hope you make some money. Based on the reviews i might buy it considering im going to start my first grow in the summer.

6. Congrats on the book! Ive tried to view the pdf's with no luck. I'm not sure what the problem could be.

7. Congrats on the book man.
    Do you have a chapter on Fiming and topping? if there is could you post that, i am debating trying these teqniques in the near future. thanx peace

8. Logan,
    I was able to open it just fine. I like the layout of your book and the flow seems real good. I also like the fact that you have a Plant Stress and Pests chapter. Coincidentally, I had a similar book there from Amazon on my wish list for purchase soon. It was "Growing with Hydroponics" or something. I have now taken that off an added yours. If you are taking requests, can we see Ch 2 Hydroponic Basics and Ch 7 Hydroponic Systems? If you show them I still promise to buy the book ;)

9. congrats it takes a lot of effort to write a book good look and i had the same prob it make my comp freeze you should post the whole book on the city (if you arnt planning on making some good money of it)

10. Congrats on the book my dude

11. Cool. I'm glad somebody is able to open the PDFs. I'm not sure what could cause any problem because all of my friends have been able to open them with no errors. I'll post up the Hydroponic Systems chapter and then maybe another on one of the phases of growth. The Hydro basics is very basic and I think most people on this site already know most of the info... i would hope.

Whenever you decide to pick up a copy let me know what you think!

logan

12. I agree. if you do have a chapter on fiming and topping post it ive been having a lot of questions lately on my first grow.

13. I can see the pdf's just fine. I know a decent amount about marijuana but not too much about growing...but starting in August I'll have a decently empty large closet with a lock in my new apartment and I'd love to grow 2 or 3 plants to save myself some money. Would this be suited to noobs like me? Like would I be able to grow using this book, not knowing too much before reading it? Thanks man, and congrats on writing a book, I know that takes a lot of effort and time. +rep for that. I'm a tad low on cash right now but I may buy the book in a little bit. Peace.

14. very cool my man, there needed to be a revised grow bible out and that looks like a prime CANNA-date! lol (free copies for the ppl that gave you good reviews..lol):D

15. I can see it now. Maybe just a bad connection at the time? Looks good though.

16. Well, I'll post the Hydroponic Systems chapter soon, but the Hydro Basics chapter is probably a little too basic for you guys.

Looks like I'm getting a good review in the June issue of Cannabis Culture and the July issue of High Times. I'm excited!

I'll probably post one other chapter having to do with one of the phases of growth or harvesting. Any preferences.

logan

17. maybe you could post a section on maintaining a grow through various training and pruning techniques? that would be a good one IMO.

18. just want to thank everybody again for the supportive comments and props.

I just posted four chapters up on the book's website www.sweetleafpublishing.com. If that link is against the rules, let me know and I'll edit it, but there is no selling what-so-ever on the site, just the chapters.

I posted chapters on Where to Grow, Hydroponics Systems, and Harvesting. As always, comments and feedback are welcome.

Thanks!

19. I'll be sure to check it out. Thanks Logan. I may even end up buying the book!

20. I could open both files no problem. Book looks good, easy read and informative, clean layout. Curious that in the Where To Grow chapter you don't talk about box/cab grow, otherwise looks pretty comprehensive. Looking forward to more.