Grow Closet Question - Water Heater

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dopereppin, Feb 15, 2009.

1. So the closet I am looking to create into my grow space has a water heater on the far left side. I am using mostly the far right side of the closet. I know that the water heater will affect humidity, what is the best way to get around this?

2. It shouldn't, unless it has some kinda leak.. if it does, you should replace the unit. Why
    do you think it would affect humidity?

If you're dead set on thinking that it will, then simply seal it off with some plastic and
    make sure its pretty well sealed. I don't recommend that though, sounds dangerous.

:bongin: ~Experimentalist

3. So I could jus run a normal closet setup with no problems? Thanks btw.

4. Probably, yeah. I don't see why not! :)

:bongin: ~Experimentalist

5. im no expert but whouldnt a water heater produce heat.Like a pretty decent amount of heat.Who knows that chould be to the op advantge if its cold i guess.

6. If your water heater is producing excessive heat or humidity, something is wrong with it. Water heaters are insulated to keep the heat from the hot water inside, you will get a little heat from the lines coming out, but not enough to worry about I wouldn't think. Just split the closet, seal it off, and don't worry about it, just use common sense and don't do anything dangerous.

7. they also make insulated "jackets" that slip over your water heater. they are designed to keep the heat in. you can get them at lowes or home depot

but as the others said. if you have excess heat, or any water/humidity from it, you may have a problem with the water heater

8. Appreciate the help, no leaks or excess heat just doing my research and being safe before any experiments.