Grow Cab, Lemme know what you think

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Taylored, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Makeup of the box:
    8 42W CFLS (5 2700K and 3 6500K) (For Autos)
    2 120mm PC Fans for ventilation
    1 Passive PVC Intake
    1 60 CFM Exhaust Fan to Homemade Filter (Thanks to Tihspeed for the bungie cord idea)

^^ NEED IDEAS ON HOW TO QUIET THE SOUND ^^

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am going to get really baked now

2. quiet what sound... the PC fans? you should have used adjustable power supply's...not fixed... so you could slow them down.... radio shack sells adjustable power supply's for phones... green box

you need to fix those light leaks... you should not see light when the doors are closed... and maybe consider cleaning the cab before use.... looks like roach poops in there man

3. That's sawdust

4. hahahaha, I know... i was givin you a hard time.... where's the update with plants?

5. Yeah, just as a bit of advice, you really should look at cleaning up your cab before use probably...

1) Fans may get clogged with foliage as plants grow, thus killing airflow (never good). May want some light screening in front of them.

2)Light is definitely a big problem as Tihspeed said, not only for stealth reasons (which I sincerely hope is not needed for you're enviornment), but also if you light rooms during flowering on the outside, gonna prolong the flowering cycle cus they'll stay in vegetative stage.

3) Wiring. Just be aware that your sockets could get hit with water if your not using a hydro system (and even then be careful).

For the sound issue, I can make a muffler for he exhaust outlets but with the gabs in the walls it probably wouldn't help significantly. Say your best bet is just keep it in an unfrequented place where people won't go, or enclose it within an insolated room / tent.
    -Rapture

6. So Far I have:
    - Vacuumed out the cab
    - Organized all the wires
    - Added insulation to the exhaust, it's much quieter now
    - Caulked Light Leaks

Still Need to:
    - Get screens for lights + Fans
    - Get an emergency blanket to put over the box / fan
    - Learn how to LST and/or SCRog :hello:

7. Awesome update....keep up the hard work....pics or it never happen

8. How the hell did you caulk to light leaks where the doors meet in the center? On top of the doors? Around the doors? Caulk would be useless there since the doors have to be able to open and close.

9. you could very easily fix the light leaks with weather strip (which it looks like you sort of did, but get the thicker stuff) - you can stick it to the inside edge of the sides of the box, flush with the front, so that the door closes without fucking it up, & stick it to the top & bottom, just behind where the doors will sit when closed so that they don't tear it. if you get a thin board or some shims, you can make a lip running the entire height of the back of one of the doors that the other one closes on top of. should keep the majority if not all of the light in.

also, you might want to keep that power strip under or outside of the box.

just my two cents.

10. Yea, I need a small extension cord to get the cord for the lights out of the box to the power strip under the box. I have very thin weather stripping, so I am going to pick up larger stripping after work. Will have pics up soon. Thinking of putting some plants right into 12 / 12 under about 350 W of CFL.

11. cool man, looking forward to seeing those pix

12. fix the light leaks. forget about the sound. the light leak will get you pinched