Grow Box Setup One

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by WolverineGrower, Dec 31, 2007.

1. I have drawn up ideas for my grow box on CAD, and I plan to build the box in the next week. I will post new pictures once it is built and operational. The grow box shown is for just growing and flowering in one space. I might try to split the box in two and divide into veg and flowering portions. Pictured is my 250 w MH light a exhaust fan and tubing and 9 pots. I plan to grow in soil and get a full harvest in under 4 months. Let me know what you think of the setup.

I have been checking out different seed companies from seedbankupdate.com and not sure which would be the best choice. If you have had luck with a certain company or strain let me know.

I am going to try and find seeds that flower fast so I can get small plants, with minimal time in between harvests.

ANY COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOMED

Attached Files:

2. Looks great, but the light has to be on some kind of a pulley system so you can raise and lower it.

Did you see the seed banks section?

GL man! :D

3. I have a feeling the box is small enough that pulleys won't be needed. What are the dimensions on the box?

4. The dimensions are 6' tall, 4' wide, 3' deep

5. A few new pictures of setup, I bought a carbon filter, vortex 4" fan, and exhaust cover(red). The tubing connects each(purple). I have to build the cabinet(blue), I'm thinking of using mdf or particle board. The light is a 250 W Metal Halide (white). The pots are 1 gallon(green).

I also added dimensions of the peices i used to make this grow box. The larger rectangles are 4'1" x 8'1" MDF board, you can get it at home depot or lowes for around $20.00 a sheet.

Tell me what you think

Attached Files:

6. I am adding these blueprints so you can build the cabinet if you want. I used MDF because it's fire resistant, heavy, and sturdy. The red cuts were for me so just ignore those. I had trouble transporting the wood, so I needed to cut pieces into small as possible before leaving store.

Attached Files:

7. Got supplies today and started construction on the stealth box. I got it mostly built just need to attach doors and screw hasp on. Pictures of the updated progress. I plan on finishing the project tomorrow, so I will hopefully have finished box pictures.

Attached Files:

8. Here is my new design idea for the box. I split into veg and flower parts.

[​IMG]
    Grow Box Divided

[​IMG]
    Exhaust System

9. good box so far, looks like you've done this before.

The problems I've been running into with my cab are light leaks, noise and heat stress. Even when I was still using a 250 watt heat was a big issue, and it looks like u want two. Not to mention MH generates more heat than HPS.

Those lights need to be in an enclosed space and vented outside of the box seperatly from the rest of the cab, so you need to make some kind of "cooltube". Which by the looks of your light hoods shouldnt be very hard.

my cab was having so much trouble with heat that I just put it in my closet and took off the outer door, which was just a mylar wrap. Thats when light leaks became an issue, but I guess you wont have that problem.

Noise is an easy fix, but you want to be careful not to insulate your cab. I put foam blocks behind my fan to keep it from vibrating the walls, I'm sure you'll figure something out, but dont forget that you need a fan.

10. check it out, detailed pictures

Attached Files:

11. +rep for the PDF --- good lookin--- im not shure u need that intake piping tho make shure u have a powerful fan -- something makes me think that the fan will take much more air from the closer part of your growbox -- and very little from another with the filter -- too big resistance --- maybe u should change them -- the closest one has a filter and another one doesnt that wil eqalise tham a bit i think but im not shure -- peace

12. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PLANTS CURRENTLY GROWING IN (MY FIRST GROW JOURNAL)!
    (SECOND GROW JOURNAL) JUST STARTED! PICS SOON!

[​IMG]

13. sorry not tryin to hijack the thread but i was looking at your carbon filter setup and it looks like you're pulling air through it. my question's is it better the pull through a carbon filter rather than push it through the filter on the outside of the box?

14. not really sure, i wanted to conceal the carbon filter inside the box. i have seen both ways so im guessing both work.