Grow box Design

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GeminiMP, Oct 7, 2013.

1. hey GC a buddy of mine is building a grow box . I made one but it was shit it had no ventilation and a desk lamp and the plants died from either heat or nets smfh. So I want to know some pointers to help em out .

Materials: 4inch duct fan, four pieces of wood 4' tall and 2' wide/deep, four 100watt eq daylight cfls, four 100watt eq bright white cfls ,timer and therm.

we have looked on youtube to get ideas but I seem to get mostly vids about tents, pc box, mini fridge, and fancy grow box . His is just wood wit flat white inside.

thanks for any advice.

2. There are plenty of examples on the forums if you take the time to look.

3. #3 GeminiMP, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2013
    @[member="piratechefny"] this is the shell, still have to add hinges and add door some minor cuts to be right on edge .

all criticism and advice welcome lls

Attached Files:

4. Looks good so far.   You'll want to put the exhaust vent near the top and an nice big intake vent near the bottom.
    Don't forget you'll want some sort of a fan inside the cabinet for air movement.

Preventing light leaks around the venting is the hardest part.

5. If you can, out some legs on that cab, maybe two inches tall. Then you can drill holes in the floor that will equal twice the area of your exhaust fan. So if your exhaust is say, 4 inches in diameter you would need two holes in the floor the same size. This will give you a nice passive intake drawing cool air through the floor and venting out the top (or in the back/side of the cab near the top).

Try to avoid negative air pressure if you can. I know for the sake of odor some feelnthey need to get it sealed and under negative pressure, but the plants dont like it. Makes them stink. Happy plants dont stink.

6. @[member="tylerm428"] @[member="piratechefny"] thanks for the scoop