Grow box design

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Kushtastik, Aug 18, 2013.

1. What's up grasscity, I've been growing outdoors for about 5 years, and I'm getting a new house were I can't keep a good eye on my crop. I have a couple of questions I'm hoping y'all can answer for me. I'm wanting to build a nice grow box for inside the house, I want to have it where I have veg on one side and flower on the other. I'm going to be doing 5 gallon bubble buckets maybe one or two plants. I'm thinking of doing cfls for veg and hps for flower, would that work if so what wattage? The other question is, the box I what to build I'm trying to figure out dimisions. I was thinking maybe 5' h, maybe 4' w, and 2 or 3 foot deep? I'm not sure if that is big enough or too small. I'm planning on making a top shelf for the ballast, and vent to go in. And use computer fans to vent the ballast heat.

Thank you for any feedback

2. Nobody has any suggestion?

3. You should be able to find several sizes of grow boxes to take ideas from here.. the search function really does a good job.. I can tell you from my small scale boxes that exhaust is your prime issue to address.. What ever size fan you think you need buy double or triple the CFM and a speed control.. you can always slow down a over sized fan but it's hell to come up short when temps jump and your plants are cooking.. for a grow box 1 CFM per Watt is not out of line.. by the time you start adding in a carbon filter to control the smell and a few turns on the venting to control the light escaping you've dragged your perfect sized fan down to uselessness.. I've changed fans 3 times and would add more lights but I'm at the fan limit again..

4. Build your box as tall as you can.