Grow Box Cabinets, Do They Really Work?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Redskins420, Nov 3, 2010.

1. I have been lookind at some online Grow Box Cabinets and am REALLY interested in getting me one. I have some outdoor soil grows under my belt but nothing of EPIC Dankness. I am interested in the 2 Plant Hydroponic Grow Box from Dealzer.com to start off with until i get IT DOWN RIGHT & afford a bigger one. Can anybody some GOOD Germination Ways for my Hydro Box.. Also i ordered some G13 Labs Bluberry Gum from THE ATTITUDE Seed Bank bout 2 months ago and put them in my Lil Personal Refrigerator (just 4 Seeds) and pulled them out 2 days ago, completely forgot bout them and just remembered bout them right now!!! Can i put them back in the mini fridge or do I need to plant them now? Is it OK 2 keep my seeds REFRIGERATED or should i keep them at ROOM TEMPERATURE? I have read 4 books on Marijuana Horticulture and feel I know enough on the subject to get started. The rest I must learn with time and growing experience. I am ALWAYS open and willing to hear Tip,Hints,Growing Advice, ETC.... ROLL IT UP, LIGHT IT, & PASS IT @ DA LEFT CUZ I WANNA SMOKE SOME REAL CHRONIC!!:cool::smoking::smoking::smoking::bongin::bongin::smoke:

2. Oh and can somebody please tell me of some good potting soils?

3. #3 mad4reef, Nov 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2010
  4. To gain some knowledge, start of with Grandpa's Grow Guide. It is a sticky in this section. Very informative for the novice grower and not as technical as some of the books can get.

Once you read that, read the rest of the stickies. Then, let the blades know exactly what you don't understand and someone will be happy to help. (or at least try)

Good luck.

5. I like Fox Farm Light Warrior for Seedlings and Fox Farm Ocean Forest for mature plants.

You can find a retailer here...

FoxFarm Soil & Fertilizer Company

Good luck.

6. Thanx for the advice. Yeah i know i can get bigger yields wit a bigger box but I have never grown using Hydroponics and this looks like a good starter. Can I really make something similar to this using half da $$$$$? What can u suggest? Yeah i have HEARD ALOT of GOOD things bout Fox Farm but the closest retailers of it from me are in San Antonio which is 4 hours away and I cant afford to go just for soil. Any suggestions of what i can use from the local Lowes,Home Depot,Wal-Mart? Or would u reccomend I Mix my own soil?:smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking:

7. My husband built me a nice, big grow cabinet with materials he had laying around his shop. He said if he had to guess, he put less than $100 into it. Right now, my lights are stationary at the top of the cabinet. He's going to change that for me as soon as I harvest the plant I have growing now, and he's going to install a reflector on chains. That will be awesome. He just asked around all his junk collecting buddies until he found one he wanted, and the guy gave it to us for nothing just for taking it away. How cool is that? :D

Yeah, if you're resourceful enough, you can build your own grow cabinet for next to nothing. Save your money for good nutes and soil, and proper water supply. :cool:

8. Home made aero buckets

18 gallon storage totes from walmart $4.65/ea
    Aquarium air pump (4 outlets) $17
    Air line (5 ft) $1.97
    Air stones $1.20/ea X4
    1/2" pvc (10ft long) $1.97
    Elbows, etc. $2
    3" net pots .36 each X 12
    Hydroton $9
    Water pump (250gph) $18
    360 degree spray nozzles (pack of 10) $4.97
    600 watt switchable ballast with cooltube (hps/mh) $249
    4" inline fan $139
    2' x 4' grow tent (eBay) $98
    4" duct (8 ft) $4.97

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. NICE SET UP!! That is Aeroponics right? Is it really harder to grow like that than hydro? What is the difference? Is it OK if I vacumn seal & refrigerate my extra seeds that i ordered? Anything similar for a hydroponic setup?

10. NiCE! How is ur grow cabinet doin? how big is it and how many babies are u growing in it? U using soil, what kind u using? How long u been growing? U sure cant beat a grow box for $100, thang will pay itself off wit the first harvest easily.:smoke:

11. Aeroponics are not harder to grow in than dwc, but the risk of something breaking in areoponics is much higher and the result is devastating to the plant unless caught very quickly. Check out my thread for a link on dwc hydro.

12. yeah... maybe add a air stone to your Aero setup.. in case the system plugs and you don't catch it in time.... this way your covered...

13. Hey is it cool if i put seeds in the refrigerator (vacumn sealed) until i am ready to plant them outside?What if i already did? Should i take the out or leave them in there? what storage methods can u suggest?

14. It's not any harder, and I do have two 5" airstones in each tub i am using. I learned to make a journal to keep track of my progress, just in case something goes wrong later on I'll know or have an idea of what it may be.

15. dont use the fridge! refridgerators are very high in humidity and you want somewhere very dry, and dark to store your seeds. I just keep them in a tupperware container somewhere dark and they've been fine.