Grow big during flowering?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by YoungDro, May 9, 2011.

1. I currently have a DWC setup, and I have a question about my nutrient schedule. I'm using the fox farm trio, and according to the chart it wants me to use grow big (instead of tiger bloom) during weeks 3 and 4 of flowering.

Is it necessary to add grow big during weeks 3 and 4 of flower? Won't it make the plant shoot up in height? I would assume tiger bloom would be used throughout flower. I haven't come across a conclusive answer searching the forums.

2. #2 406MattNe, May 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2011
    I use the FF trio and additives, but in soil. During weeks 3 and 4 their soil schedule includes GB into the solution in addition to the TB. Havent looked at the hydro schedule but Id maybe take another look if I were you:D.

The addition of the GB into the cycle doesnt seem to cause much over extension. But I veg under T5 and get VERY tight node spacing.

I have noticed that the stretch seems to stop completly after week 4 and the absence of the GB, but I have no way of knowing if there is a 'scientific' corelation :)

3. I'm positive, the hydro schedule calls for the use of grow big during weeks 3 and 4 of flowering, instead of tiger bloom. However, it's obviously not weed specific so I'm worried about depriving it of potassium.

But come to think of it, I will be introducing cha ching into the mix next week (week 4 of flowering), which I believe runs very high in potassium. Is this meant to compensate for it?

4. This is a big debate...

Some say that giving Gro nutes in the first few weeks to a month of flowering increase bud size and overall yield.. Others say that is total bullshit, you increase the over yield by giving the plants Flo nutes what they need to produce flowers from day one you start to flower...

Personally I give my plants Gro the first 2 weeks of flowering, because the strain I grow stretches for the first 18-20 days, then they pretty much top off and start forming flowers... So I give them the gro nutes to stretch...

Why FF wants it in week 3-4, not to sure..
    Maybe to fill them with nitrogen, just before you pretty much cut it off... :confused:

Not sure why they suggest that....