Grow Area/Lighting Question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Homegrown91, Aug 16, 2008.

1. #1 Homegrown91, Aug 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2008
    Hi everyone. I have a storage room that I would like to use as a grow area. It is connected to the attic and does not receive air conditioning, but is well ventilated.

My problem is that I would like to grow 5 plants. However, I only have a 5x5 (25 sq. ft.) area to grow. I would like to light this area with a 600w HPS light (75,000 lumens), which is 3,000 lumens per sq. ft. of grow area. So 5 sq. ft. and 15,000 lumens of light per plant. I will have one intake inline fan at a low height and another inline fan for an exhaust at a high point on the opposite side.

I may add in some extras such as an ozone generator, carbon filter, dehumidifier, etc.

Please let me know what your thoughts are :)

2. gonna have to be a big intake and outlet for a HPS system.

3. Ummm okay...well I'm open for suggestions. If HPS isn't the way to go for a small space like that, then what should I use? I just know that HPS is the most efficient light.

Can anyone suggest a better alternative?

4. 600w hps in a 5 by 5 is fine just get lots of venilation in the room......i have a 1000w in a 4by 4 box... i have to run tons of fans and an ac machine but think of the yield....
    but knowing a little more now...i should have put a 600w in my box they run alittle colder and you can get them closer to the plants...... air flo baby air flo..