Grow #2

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by phillygittz, Jan 25, 2011.

1. This is my new grow room setup. I am using a 6 bucket DWC hydroponic system, a 4'x2' 8 bulb T5 light (for veg), and floranova one part nutrients. I am currently growing 2 big band clones and 2 blueberry clones i received from a friend, 1 big band, and 1 power skunk both from seeds thanks to Kannabia seeds. During flower i plan on changing my lights to HPS. Please give me any suggestions you think will help!!

Should i invest in better airstones and a more powerful pump? I am currently using the 6" blue stones but some of them dont seem to be making as much bubbles as others... Are the round stones that sit on the bottom of the buckt worth the extra money?

Attached Files:

2. Nice little setup Philly.
    Maybe its just for the pic... but that light should be about 5" away from the plants.

I use the blue cheepy's too. I have a ton of air to them though... i havent had a problem... but im gonna try the round ones next. Ive heard they are much better. I have the 115LPM pump running 9 buckets.

GL here man... im tagging along. :smoke::smoke:

3. Okay, i put the light closer to the ladies... Also, i bought a new air pump and some bigger stones that put out MUCH MORE bubbles.... However, at this point only one of the plants has roots sticking out of the bottom. It has been almost a week. The girls started to turn a little yellow so i put a tiny bit of nutrients into each bucket. They are continuing to yellow and im a bit worried... any suggestions?

4. You should be hand watering them atleast twice a day or so. Sometimes the humidity created in the bucket is enough to feed the roots... but sometimes you have to help the get going. Just take a small glass and dip from the bucket, and pour over the hydroton from the top. If its a real uniform yellow on the leaves, its most likely underwatered, and/or underfeed. GL man:smoke::smoke:

5. Please correct me if im wrong... With dwc i want the water to just barely touch the bottom of the net pot and hand water it twice daily until the roots are hangng in the water and feeding on their own?

6. pretty much. just try to get a feel for moisture... but not soaked. and a inch or so below bottom of pot is fine too. you might need more than twice a day on the handwater.

7. Ok, They got drowned. Check out this thread for some tips on fighting root rot. Cause thats where i think they are headed. those dark red stems, and the curl/color make me think its already set in fairly good. knr117 has some good info on what to treat it with. I just had a batch do something very similar. I just pulled them all... Do you see little gnats flying around the hydroton? Whats that pH too?

8. Wow! Im scared after reading that!! hopefully its not bad... My pH is at 5.8 all the way thru..

9. P.S. no bugs or flies of any kind