Grow #2

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Cruzanbred, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Minor hiccup but a learning lesson. It’s apparently advisable to continue veg/grow nutes a couple weeks into flower. The reason I assume is due to flower stretch - the plant still needs adequate amounts of nitrogen to power itself thru this phase. I didn’t do that so had some yellowing and dying off of the lower leaves as it pulled nutes from them. Dosed them with a tsp of grow nutes along with cal/mag. Measured my ph early in the week and it’s registering 6.0-6.5 so we are good on that front. Enough talk. Pictures!
    [​IMG]

Trichs are being produced now[​IMG][​IMG]
    Lotsa tops
    [​IMG]

And here we have attack of the clones:
    [​IMG]
    Going to lst them further. Hoping to complete the new grow area by weekend so I can start moving them in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  2. What lights are you using, looking good

• Like Like x 1
  3. This grow has been under two 600w led’s from amazon. I believe the brand was Kind LED.

4. Still chugging along. Nitro deficiency is all in the past. Looking good as we head into Day 42 of flower. I think they are looking pretty frosty already.
    Here we go, Pics in no particular order
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    And clones are looking good as well. They were moved into new grow area - I had to place padding under trays since the basement floor is cold, seems like soil was staying too wet. Seems to have worked and plants perked up a day or two after doing it
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. You mentioned getting an A/C soon for your grow. Have you done any research online yet? Do you know which one you are going to buy? Are you going to get a portable air conditioner?

• Like Like x 1
  6. I did end up putting one in the room - just a normal window ac, nothing crazy. I just toss it on when I know we have a few days of heat on the way. Luckily temps around the New England area have been extremely moderate lately.

I was going to do a portable and use its exhaust tube for my fans in the tent but so far I haven’t had to use the tents exhaust fans as the buds aren’t as pungent as my first grow. Besides after these are complete, my entire operation will be based out of my basement were temp and humidity have not been an issue so far with the clones.

[​IMG]

7. Still battling an issue - lower parts of plants are yellowing and dying off
    I still have a few weeks to go so going to water with plain water for about a week to see if maybe the soil was just retaining too much nutes andvthe plants are drinking it all up too quickly.
    Some quick snapshots of the buds. They are still looking healthy. Need to plump up a bit
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] sorry again for the blurple- I’ll try for better pics later

8. So after consulting with a friend- I was over feeding (misunderstood some instructions) - I’ve been doing a rotating schedule of bloom, cal/mag and foundation nutes. So every watering had a tsp of one of these.

Whoops. A perfect example of more is not necessarily better. But learning from the mistakes and growing from them.

From my understanding a few things happen. The plant won’t differentiate from the nutes it needs and the ones it doesn’t. I just takes it all in. Also at the same time, excessive amounts of nutes causes a salt build up near roots. So now they can’t get what they need.

Switching to plain water over next week or so and will make adjustments as we go along. With about 4 weeks to go , the goal is to minimize any damage that may have been done.

9. And in other news: clones are doing great - just transplanted into their final 3 gallon pots. Perfect timing. And since they were so bushy it was time to defoliate and snip some for future generation. #perpetual
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    In a week these guys will get flipped to flower.
    [​IMG]
    As you can see, didn’t have room for all of them in three gallons so that guy will have to live his life in the 1 gallon.

10. A bit late with an update - had to move the girls to new home in basement as a heatwave was taking over. Had to cut my scrog net to get them out but while doing so decided to do the last defoliation until harvest. All looking good a plump. Only problem plant was AI - since she was an experiment with very little training she grew top heavy so when I moved her out the tent, colas dropped over. Tried to stake and brace and lean back into corner once I got them moved. Oh wells, buds should be salvageable. Enough talk. Pictures.
    AI growing wild
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Other girls in no particular order
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Getting close

11. Coming to an end! 2-3 weeks I’m thinking. The plants are taking on an orange hue and the pistils are turning from white to orange and laying down. Getting some yellowing of the leaves. Going to start watching the trichs - as of right now they are mostly still clear with a a bit of cloud in them. Snipped a few samples to try out in a couple of days. Just a couple random pics in no particular order.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. Looking good. I’m planning on cutting them all down next Friday or Saturday- I got a lesser magnified scope to see the bud as s whole and once I had some regular light I could finally see the trichs showing amber

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

And as soon as these are chopped down, the next generation will be flipped to flower

13. Looks like Friday will be d-Day. Will do hopefully last trichome inspection then they’ll be getting chopped down.

[​IMG]

14. It was an unceremonious chop - late day at work and life in general didn’t have me ready to do this til 11 at night

Going for a dry trim so just cut off major leaves and left everything else. AI was so bushy that I just shook her upside down to get dead foliage off then strung her up by the knot she had.
    [​IMG]
    Top two rows on either side are filled with different strains and then the last two on the front is another. Marked them but forgot which is which. [​IMG][​IMG]
    Gonna say drying will be about two weeks or so, then they get trimmed and jarred.

15. Done and done -
    Def letting AI grow untrained affected yield and quality. A ton of larf and what I salvaged wasn’t anything great. Produced the least at 1.17 oz. Experiment complete.

Now onto jarring
    [​IMG]