Grow #2

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Cruzanbred, Jan 31, 2018.

1. I have my Orange double diesel and Aurora Indica finishing up in a couple of weeks so decided to start my next grow.

We have 3 strains : Lithium OG, Chrystal and Cinderella XX. They all have around the same flower time so hoping to harvest them all at once.

I’ll try and update on either a weekly or biweekly schedule and it’s mainly going to be pics with a few talking points

All questions or comments appreciated

So heeeeeeeere we go:
    Day 3 of germ tray and heating pad, we have lift off. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. Steady growth. Going to vent the tray from this point out and dry out a bit. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    So smol.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Get more light on them... they are really stretching. They'll probably need some support in the short term at least. Get them into bigger pots as well.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. A bit late with an update - considering moving the updates to Sunday’s.
    So unfortunately I made a mistake and soaked the pods in water that had nutrients in it so it turned the soil hot. Luckily I was able to save two but unluckily I didn’t save the one I wanted the most.
    Rip Cindy xx.
    But focusing on the future, the other two are recovering and making progress. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. A bit late again with an update but for good reason - harvested my first grow last night! Lost track from all the excitement [​IMG]
    But back to the topic at hand - plants are looking good - and now that I have a cleared out tent, I can really get these guys going.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Also have a new addition to the crew- Critical 2.0 from dinafem I think. Seed popped within two days of being in a jiffy pod. Looks to be a strong one. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. [​IMG]Chrystal

[​IMG]Lithium OG

[​IMG]Critical 2.0

All are doing well so far.

7. Transplanted then all into a one gallon container and fimmed Chrystal and lithium og.
    First Chrystal
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Now lithium og
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Critical 2.0
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    And another new addition: Aurora indica - a project of a friend that they had no room for. Cool knot with the stem. It was in flower for about a week so hoping to bring her back to veg. I may let this one grow as is without any type of topping or training
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Plants really took off after transplant and all except Aurora indica have been fimmed. Started LST on lithium og and Chrystal today as well.
    Aurora indica:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Lithium og:
    [​IMG]
    Chrystal:
    [​IMG]
    Critical 2.0:
    [​IMG]
    Everything is looking pretty on schedule

• Like Like x 1
  9. dude you knotted it but did not train it to do what u wanted could of did a lot more then cosmetics check my grow out LST you plant to do whatever you want its great what you did learn from the knot and build from what you have to learn from that amazing but with the limited your light that should of been so close to that pot its not funny
    amazing what you did thow with the knot please when i see you skill hurts seeing what the plant looks like so tall :) good job Learn On

10. How far away is the light from the plants? What size light? I would move it closer. Some of the plants look stretched, even the seedling stage pics. The harvest pic looks good

11. Working towards the next repot which I think will be in the next two weeks, and flipping to flower the week following that. But they are looking good - need to start lst’ing a bit more aggressively - I don’t want to defoliate just yet.
    Aurora indica:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Lithium og:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Critical 2.0: huge fan leaves on this one
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Chrystal:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. Just a quick update - girls are in their final pot - 3 gallon fabric pot. Sorry for the blurple.
    From left to right is Aurora indica,lithium og,Chrystal, and critical 2.0. [​IMG]

Going to veg for a couple of weeks before flipping, and as you can see, I have my scrog net ready to go, hung up in the background. Also going to defoliate later tonight. I’ll try and post another update tonight.
    So far everything has been going nice and easy

13. Update: ended up defoliating to A: open up the middle of plants and to make them start growing taller rather than fatter and B: to make watering easier we did a lollipop for the bottom and C: to help reduce humidity. Tent jumped up to 70-80% at one point - will help to avoid mold issues.

Although I wanted to leave the Aurora indica alone to grow naturally, I defoliated her as well.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Poor Aurora- stuffed in the corner [​IMG]
    Scrog net in place
    [​IMG]
    Coming weekend I plan to pull 2-3 clones of each plant to plan for next grow

14. Happy earth day all! No better way to celebrate than planting trees. Pulled two clones of each and have them set up in my propagation tent - under 300w led in a humidity dome and heat mat underneath. Using rapid rooters as the medium. [​IMG]
    Misting and opening dome twice a day for about 8-10 days and hopefully showing roots by then. Setting up for 3rd grow.

Meanwhile the girls are looking good. Almost need to defoliate again. Maybe mid week. And then hopefully going to flower by next weekend. Sorry for blurple, can’t really move them and I need better lighting for pics. Will work on that. [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. #15 Cruzanbred, Apr 28, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
    Massive defoliation once again to help with humidity, opening plant open to get light to bud sights and because space was becoming a scarce commodity. prepping for the flip which I’m going to do on Sunday and being that this will be the last time I move them in the tent over the next 80+ days, had to be done.
    Tent looking a bit full....[​IMG]
    Lithium og
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Aurora indica aka Christmas tree lol
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Her knot btw [​IMG]
    Chrystal (forgot the after..)[​IMG]
    Critical 2.0[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Watered and used some light nutes. A day for them to spruce up and off to flower.

Btw anyone else create a mound and channel for watering? [​IMG]

16. Good things happening
    Girls flipped and recovering nicely[​IMG]

And a little bonus: we have dome decent roots showing from our clipped clones. All 8 that was clipped rooted. Going to transfer to a small container and see how long I can keep them small, going to keep them stunted for now. Plan is to hold off on transplants as long as possible as flower tent is occupied for at least 60-80 days. [​IMG]

17. Girls are doing good - filled scrog net in no time
    [​IMG]
    From the point on will be doing light and selective defoliation. Just clipping enough from the top to open bud sites and light lollipop to promote pushing energy to the top canopy. Had a mini heat wave last few days where tent hit low 90s during day with lights off - going to put an ac in the grow room to avoid further heat issues but they took it like champs.

Clones took a bit of a beating tho. Mainly my fault as I got sick and my attention to details was low.
    Heat in tent got to 98 and being that the tent is set to 24/0 they got no mercy alongside my bad watering habits.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Seems like heat stress and a touch of nute burn probably from transplant. No worries. Improvise - adapt - survive. Tent is going to be set to 18/6 and I’m going to get a shallow tray that I’ll line with paper towels to keep moisture available for them. Plus once the ac goes in we should be good.

Any thoughts on what you think might have gone wrong is appreciated

18. #18 Cruzanbred, May 9, 2018
    Last edited: May 9, 2018
    Day 11 of flower and plants are looking good. We have female bits obviously as these we’re feminized. No sign of hermies as of yet so that’s a plus. Probably after day 18 of flower buds should be showing and I really can’t mess with them after that point so I’m still continuing to defoliate to open up bud sites as well as super cropping some of branches by rolling and bending the stem over. First time doing it so I’m taking it easy and only doing a few at a time as needed
    [​IMG]

The clones rebounded - a couple of them are a bit stunted but that’s ok. Need to keep them small for now anyways. I ended up fimming them as well and plan to do a lil pruning this afternoon or tomorrow once they soak up the water and bounce back up.
    [​IMG]
    Also moved light closer to reduce stretch and changed schedule from 24/0 to 18/6.

Days have cooled down again so heat is non issue plus I’ll be putting an ac in soon to keep room at optimal temp.

19. Looking good - Day 21 of flower and I think the last time I’m defoliating aggressively. Aurora indica growing wild lol [​IMG]
    After the haircut [​IMG]
    The rest of the girls under blurple
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Hopefully all done in 2 months

20. Happy Memorial Day everyone!
    This week’s update puts us at day 27 flower and everything looks good. Pistils are popping!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    And the clones are healthy as well. They have been transplanted into the new 1 gal containers for about a week and loving it.

Just LST’d and watered.
    [​IMG]

Knock on wood - everything is still going well and happy with the progress.

• Like Like x 2