Grow #2

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Ememphis183, Jan 21, 2017.

1. ok so I'm gearing up for my second go at this growing thing . . . Received 5 AK-47 Autos with 5 Reg Mazar seeds . . . They are germinating as we speak, should be able to put them into soil (Roots Organic) either tomorrow or Sunday. I'm going to go with 2 3 gal smart pots and 2 4 gal plastic pots that are extra tall (or deep) which I've heard is best for autos. As far as lighting goes I have a 450w LED with a 300w Mars Hydro on the way as well. I know that you really can't go overboard with lighting but what if I were to make a "box" (when I say box I mean just out 4 of these on the sides, not making an actual box) with the LED panels below . . They are cheap and seem like it might be good for side lighting (currently using 2 300w CFLs for side lighting but I want to scrap them) or not even worth it?

I think I may do a journal w pictures just to kinda keep track of everything . . . Didn't do one for the first one and kinda regret it. It would have been cool to look back on daily pictures to see the progress.

Attached Files:

2. Went to the indoor gardening store today to grab another bag of Roots Organic however they were out of the blend they sold me. I asked the guy (who seems extremely knowledgeable) what I should go with that would be my next best bet . . . (I was going to go with Fox Farm) he told me about a newer company that sent bags to select stores to try out. He talked me into experimenting with it, showed me some plants they had in the store that seemed to be thriving (he knows what I'm growing) . . . Below is a picture of some info he gave me about the company and blend (it's #4).

Posting pictures so I can keep track (and not use the space on my phone haha)

Attached Files:

3. Day 2 - planted 5th seed after extra day of germination in a 2 gallon pot (smaller than the 4 others) Planted in a mix of Nectar for the Gods/Roots Organic (left over soil for both bags)
    Day 3 - 2 of the 5 sprouts have broken thru the soil . . .

Attached Files:

4. Constant Gardener, huh?

5. What do you mean? Like one after the other?

6. Day 4 - moved all 5 plants under 450w LED and 300w Mars Hydro. Going to be a pain in the ass bc I'm still finishing flower on this bag seed which means I'll have to remove her and put her back everyday.

Notes: note sure how much I'm gonna like the smart pots, starting to annoy me already.

Lights are 24in away right now. Not sure if I should get closer with them being so young.

Attached Files:

7. 25 days post germination (actually putting into towel).

Attached Files:

8. Update
    I'm at about day 35. Have only fed the one to the far back right every other one just Ph'ed water. I'm not 100% sure on when to start feeding. Will they tell me they need food by changes to the leaves or something like that? Or do I just have to guess depending on the soil?

Attached Files:

9. And I know the picture sucks, taking better ones now.