Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Grinding up stems for tea?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Hello there!, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Is it absolutely necessary to grind up the stems? I've been searching and can't find anything about leaving the stems as they are. Everything I find says to grind the stems up beforehand. I also cannot find anything on why to grind them up, other than to 'increase the surface area for more readily absorbed thc'. 

Has anyone personally tried it with reportable effects?

2. yeah man to increase the surface area for absorption you got it in one :) im sure you know this anyway but don't forget you need fat/alcohol for it to have any effect :p

the time will come when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you - George Harrison

3. Right, to speed up a reaction the maximum amount of surface area of the solid needs to be exposed. This tells us that ground stems = more THC. No idea if the results can be noticed but it cant hurt to try?