Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Grinding causes lower THC levels?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by GuerrillaDro, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Personally i like to throw a quarter in my grinder to "kick" off the kief so i can smook it later.

Theres NO better feeling than being completly out of bud, utterly hopless and

then take a look in that last chamber to see if theres kief...

And what do you know, youv been saving up for weeks and have a shit ton...

That my friend is Bliss :smoke:

2. Unless you're vapin' im all set with grinders (except 1 but its like 100 bucks).
    I'm wondering what is the most trichrome friendly way to break up bud? You are def missing some trichs with most grinders. I read a shot glass and some sharp scissors is a good way. But is it the least harmful to your buds/tricromes?

3. You're not damaging trichs from breaking up weed. Just use your grinder.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. from my experience and forums, etc, trichs stick to your fingers or using a cheap grinder smashes the trichromes into the teeth and nooks and crannies of the grinder. Im not interested in kief collection. Id rather smoke it on the spot.

Saw decent video kind of describing process:

the nice grinder ($100) Lift Innovations is on my wish list but 100 bucks :-(

If I had that one (the 3 piece not the 4 kief catcher) oh yeah id be grinding all day long, lol.

Thanks for the advice doc!

• Like Like x 1
  5. I have a 2 piece medium space case. Was 50 bucks I think years ago. I grind then use a small scale weight to bash everything out. I don't collect kief I want it with my buds to smoke then. Kief collecting is just making every hit of the bud slightly weaker.

Some stuff gets squashed into nooks and crannies but it's still there it's not destroyed. When it starts affecting my grinding I just pick it out and boom little hit of grinder hash. Takes awhile to build up, so it's not taking a significant amount of trichs away from the grinded up weed. Nothing close to how much weight in kief you lose from your buds when kief collecting in a 4 piece grinder.

• Like Like x 1
  6. What about when you use a bong/pipe? You're going to take a piece off the bud and stick it in the bowl. Are you that worried about a teensy amount? I'd lose my mind if I was that worried.

7. That's called a "nug plug". Works pretty well to stop weed from falling into my bong

8. I do that too although I'm looking to get a bowl with a glass screen like this because weed still gets sucked through

[​IMG]

9. If you grind your weed or not it's going to be just as good. But honestly I find grinders to be over rated and mostly unnecessary. It's nice if you're rolling joints but for most other things you just don't need one and can actually be better not grinding it.

10. Brass Screens work for me. They cheap and you can buy packs of 100+ on Amazon, your local smoke shop/dispensary will probably also have them. Buy the correct size though or else you’ll be having to bend them around, but either way it will work.

As for THC being lost in the grinding process, probably yes. But you’d probably be worse off using your fingers. Stick to using grinders, if nobody has bitched in the past 30 years about it, don’t start now.

11. I just cut it into smaller chunks with scissors. I’ve heard bout more surface area n all that but I don’t bother with it.

12. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:Why are you all bumping a 7 year old thread? :lmafoe:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. no not that im worried about a few trichs getting smashed exactly but was looking for something in my mind was a more Bud friendly method. but yeah you're right. 21% thc going to 20%? yeah, not gonna notice it.

Thanks for feedback everyone!

14. The answer to your question, yes using a grinder takes away from the total thc percentage but will anyone notice this missing thc no it would take a machine and honestly the difference would be so minuscule and because of machine error the test would probably say the exact same amount of Thc percentage

15. Ahh... grinders. Sure there is some loss, but the airflow gained by grinding is beneficial.

I usually grind, open the kief tray and toss a little into the mix of my bowl. Maybe not every bowl, but I don’t feel I really lose anything grinding. It all gets used!