Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Grinding causes lower THC levels?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by GuerrillaDro, Mar 3, 2011.

1. I have taken part in many conversations about this with my buddies just curious what your guys and girls think..

Does grinding your buds into smaller pieces cause the THC level to decrease?

Some users say yes because when you break the buds you are breaking the trichomes...what do you think?:wave:

2. mabye...but noones gonna smoke bud without breaking it up so it don't matter

3. Well the trichomes fall off, so yes the THC levels drop, but thats where you get your keif from :smoke:

4. haha well i dont mean smokin huge nugs....but some grinders out there grind it so fine. anyway jus curious what you think..thanks buddy

5. Yes, this is why I don't understand why people like putting dimes and shit in their grinder to help knock off the kief. I want the kief on my bud so I can smoke it, not let it accumulate in some chamber so I can smoke it later.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I think if you grind your bud up in a grinder you wont get as high. You break the trichomes right off the bud and half of them stick to the teeth

Ill just keep using scissors, and cutting pieces off the bud

7. It won't make that big of a difference unless you are excessively grinding your weed and banging your grinder to make sure you get every bit of kief off. If you look at your bud close up after you grind it, it should still have a bit of trichomes on.

The difference you notice isn't worth not grinding. And being able to save up kief and use it is a plus.

8. when you use a grinder the crystalls fall off in the grinder so there's less thc. i personally use scissors to bust weed, i have used scissors for years now i think it's the best way to bust weed.

9. An experiment needs to be done, smoke a joint after grinding the buds, then smoke one after breaking the buds with scissors, I guarantee you won't feel a difference.

10. I never knew it made a difference........I always break that shit down to the finest....

11. well i personally am not sure if it does make a difference..just tryin to get others experiences..

12. #12 S0UR, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2011
    Bro I use a grinder everytime I smoke and I ALWAYS bang it around to get as much kief as possible. I still get just as high + I accumulate kief (which would of been on my hands after breaking down anyways):D

13. would breaking it up in your hand cause the weed to have less trich's?

14. that video you posted in my thread was funny as fuck

15. well breakin the bud is breakin the bud regardless what you use to do it....so i would say yes

16. Breaking bud by hand causes you to lose minute amounts of THC which will never be recovered. If you used a grinder the minute loss of THC would be your kief.:eek:

17. I love to grind my weed, I smoke enough that I am not too worried about how much to smoke cause Im always buying. And if I ever do run out, I always have a emergency bowl of keif in my grinder, sometimes more.

18. I have come up with an invention. Though very stoned, I honestly believe it would be useful.

They need to make a thing with a joint roller built inside a tiny box, with a hole on top of that box, and you can put a nugget of weed in the whole and some electronic function breaks down the weed in the chamber and then dumps it in a paper and rolls any type of joint you want, like it has settings, and come out into a little trey:D:smoke::smoking::hippie:

19. its gonna lose thc regardless, nothin too noticeable tho, whether its on your fingers or in the grinder.. also it depends on the grinder.. i have a grinder with a kief catcher, and a grinder i got from amsterdam that is as basic as it gets.. so everything stays together.
    both are metal (amdam one has spiky metal teeth and the other has squared off looking teeth, not sure if it makes a difference?) and work great, i just use the amdam grinder when i wana make sure i keep the kief with it..

dont stress when using a grinder though, it wont make a noticeable difference.

20. THC loss from grinding is negligible. Smoke a bowl of bud that you broke up with your hands and smoke a bowl after using a grinder. If you notice a difference in the high, its going to be merely from the placebo effect. A grinder merely catches the THC lost through grinding, so it can be used later.

grinding > all

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1