Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Grinders, are they worth it?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BobbyBlaze, May 18, 2010.

1. Just bought one off GC and am expecting great results :)

2. I'd say mandatory for vaping.

3. Idk in my opinion they're only really worth it for people who smoke often and the grinder has a keif catcher and you can let it build up. I only smoke occasionally (probation:rolleyes:) and I just prefer breaking it up by hand 'cause I feel like I have more control over how broken up I want it to be.

4. short answer:yes
    long answer: Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

5. What's keif?

not trolling

6. trichomes that have fallen off from the grind and collected in the catcher.

7. Just touching bud with your skin loses 'keif' that could be collected in a 4 piece grinder.
    The oil secreted by your skin absorbs the trichomes with no way to get it off your skin and it has no effect on you.

But a bad low quality grinder can be dangerous. If you get a good quality metal 4 piece then you can get some nice keif with uniformly ground bud for bowls/joints/vapes/etc. Grinders are one of those things that must be a quality brand. Be sure to thououghly clean your grinder before use.

8. i have had many many grinders, some small, some large, some wooden, some metal, some plastic, some with multiple layers and kief catchers.

but to this day i prefer using good ole fashioned scissors. i dunno why, but unless im vaping i find that i like a particular density to my bowl pack, not too fine, not too chunky, and only i can achieve that, not a grinder. Too fine burns through the bowl like wildfire, and too chunky takes many re-lights.

also for the people who say you lose trichomes just by touching the bud, this is true, but in no way in any scenario will you notice a difference in potency

just call a matter of preference.

also there are some grinders that will eventually flake little metal chips or plastic chips, and i dont like that kind of shit in my bud

9. Agreed. IS A NECESSITY

10. I love grinders. Iv had mine for years now. Grinders fir the stoner win.