Grinder question

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by oofthedoof, Oct 1, 2013.

1. I've decided I need a grinder, I think the four piece metal ones are the best for me. I looking at the headshop and they have generic brand ones for like $20 and the same sized brand name grinders are about double the price. I'm usually one to buy spartan brand cereal and store brand macaroni, so my question is: should I spring for a sweet stone or another name brand grinder or stick with the cheap nameless ones? Also people have told me that sweet stone is just a knock off of sharp stone, is that true?

2. i would def pay the $ and get a good grinder . i have a santa cruz shredder and paid 65$ for mine but is well worth it.. no chips going into the weed and magnet has not worn a bit and have had it over a year still works like brand new.. had a few cheap grinders befor and metal chips would break off into the weed , magnet went bad were it wouldent even stay shut

3. Brand dont matter that much, make sure its not a POS tho. 4 peice is the only way to go, its kinda pointless without one.

4. 4 Piece Brand name man, When it's something that you are going to be grinding with regulary then quality DOES matter.

5. Get a nice one, they last a long time, & they do a better job.

I like a big holding chamber :)