Grinder Question?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by WeedHound47, Aug 30, 2012.

1. #1 WeedHound47, Aug 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2012
    I have had my same SharpStone 5 piece grinder with vibrate function for almost 2 years now. Is there any reason to have a concern with metal shavings or anything?
    http://www.rollies.com/Images/PF-BL-38.jpg

2. unless you actually see shavings fall into your bud, then don't sweat it. I mean you gotta expect some level of wear and tear ya know. But by all means if metal is in your bud and you inhale that shit, treat yourself to a new grinder.

3. hve been using my sharpstone for over 3 years and it doesnt have any metal shavings in my bud

4. No, SharpStone grinders are high quality, not cheaply made or manufactured. I have the same 5 piece but it dosent have a vobrate function. I have never found any metal shavings in my bud.

5. Okay thanks guys because my friend is anal about buying a new one every year... Might just buy his old one off of him for 5 bucks and then sell decide which collects kief better and then sell the one that is worse.

6. you could always give it a quick wash with soapy water to make sure?

its what I do with mine after I start getting a little paranoid

7. Keep it clean, everyone and then make some ISO grinder hash!

8. Oh yeah kiefsmoker420 that is exactly what I do! Great way to make some simple hash. I also save my stems (may seem cheap or whatever but it is a good way to get some hash) and the do an alcohol soak with them.

9. I recently did a bunch of metal/paint shaving tests on a few of my/my friends sharpstones and other decent quality grinders to see how prevalent those shavings really were.

The results weren't great, and convinced me to go Spacecase from now on.

The shavings probably won't have any profound effect on your lungs, just like smoking from tinfoil bowls PROBABLY won't have any longterm effect on your health, but if you consider yourself a connoisseur or cannabis enthusiast as I do, Spacecase is really the only way to go.
    If an extra 30$ will get me the best of the best, and will last forever, I consider that a smart buy.