Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Grinder Help

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by aos, Nov 9, 2007.

1. So throughout about the last year i have gone through a couple different grinders. Started out with a crappy plastic one and then got a metal one witha kief catcher. That one ended up taking about 3 grinds to fully grind up the weed. The one im currently using is metal with a kief catcher, brand is PURP i think. Anyways...it is terrible at catching kief i usually end up scraping it off the screen and putting it into the tray below myself. After al this my question is: has anyone else encountered similar problems, and what is a good grinder that catches kief real well? thanks

2. ive had several different types of grinders and purp is one of them

never had any problems maybe the teeth are a bit dull? ( because your grinding multiple times )

no ideas why keif is getting caught in screen never happened to me

if theres that many problems i suggest new grinder

3. I also have a three section and the screen doesnt do crap. I dont really care because I like my bud to be as intact as possible (I have a coffee grinder for kief), but I do feel kind of ripped off considering I paid the price for the kief catcher.

4. You can get a Sharpstone off of Ebay for $20 with shipping. Best deal around.

5. I've got 2 of them -- 1 wooden & 1 metal...but neither has the kief catcher.

The wooden 1 gets stickier than hell, making it impossible to turn. The metal 1 has never given me any problems, but no kief catcher.
    I think these grinders were the next best invention after the bong. I can put a tiny bud in there & after grinding it, the fluffiness of the weed is beautiful. IMHO, it's the best way to smoke your weed. :bongin:

6. buy a spacecatcher or somethin like that im too gone to remember that shit right

7. put a quarter in the part where ur kif is getting suck, when ur grinding roll it around and the quarter will push the good kif through.

8. Yeah, put a quarter or a dime on top of the screen.That will help knock the kief thru.Dont use a nickle, it will damage your screen.:)