Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Grinder hash: Have I fucked up?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by forever420, Mar 12, 2010.

1. During school I'm used to just dropping nugs in the grinder and smoking, I haven't done anything fun like making grinder hash for a while. I thought I'd make some tonight before the last weekend of spring break (the sharpstone is caked with kief) and went down to the local cvs to buy the cheapest bottle of rubbing alcohol I could find. Now I see that I have 50% isopropyl alcohol which is 50% water, will the water evaporate from the kief with the alcohol?

2. buy 91%.

50 has dyes or some shit in it.

3. You'll have some really low grade hash if you use 50% isopropyl.

4. explain grinder hash.

5. I figured, I guess I'll clean my bub with it. Thanks guys

6. Clean your grinder with alcohol, conserve said alcohol in a baking disk or the like, let it evaporate, scrape up what's left behind.

7. hooray for Seattle! It's been too cold the past two days though...

anyway, would you let the compartments of the grinder be submerged in the iso?
    for how long?

8. The kief is just stuck to the metal of the grinder, throw the dismantled metal pieces in a cup or jar full of alcohol and the kief will fall right off. Just shake it up to make sure that it falls out of the grinder and into the alcohol, rather than gathering up in a crevice or something.

9. #9 redpoisoneyes, Mar 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2010
  10. dude kwiso (not qwiso) is like 2 steps and a liter of 91% iso is only like 1.50

11. you didn't fuck up. just make sure all the kief is washed off from the grinder, and let the liquid sit on a plate until you see some kiefy buildup on the plate. then, scrape off the buildup and press it with an iron inside of some foil, and you have some really potent hash. enjoy

12. I just finished cleaning my grinder. I put all the pieces in a bag with ISO and shook it untill it looked pretty clean. The water turned a yellowish green and i could see little particles all through it. It is sitting in a glass plate.

How long will it take for the ISO to evaporate though?

13. I just finished cleaning my grinder. I put all the pieces in a bag with ISO and shook it untill it looked pretty clean. The water turned a yellowish green and i could see little particles all through it. It is sitting in a glass plate.

How long will it take for the ISO to evaporate though?