Grinder coating flaking off??

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by BeEasyChillin, Jan 28, 2014.

1. One of my nicer grinders (santa cruz shredder) some of the blue anodized aluminum coating came off revealing the metal underneath. will this become toxic in any way?? will the chipping continue to spread with use??

2. No.Signed, John E. Smoke.

3. WRONG ANSWER!

anodized aluminum layers do not chip

the blue shit is painted on, what ever it is, it was not meant to be smoked.

it's a cheap crap grinder, get a new one that hasn't been painted.

4. [quote name="cball" post="19421846" timestamp="1390916808"]WRONG ANSWER!anodized aluminum layers do not chipthe blue shit is painted on, what ever it is, it was not meant to be smoked.it's a cheap crap grinder, get a new one that hasn't been painted.[/quote]Yeah, if you smoke the paint chips... Who would smoke pot with blue chips of paint in it? You'd be dumb to do so. Signed, John E. Smoke.

5. Toxic or not, I wouldn't risk it.  Just get a new grinder without a coating.  I've been using my little wood grinder for 7 years, had a couple pins come out but a few nails fixed that problem.

6. Fill that bitch with table salt and take it down to bare aluminum in a short while. Or contact them. Ain't they supposed to have a lifetime warranty on their shit?

7. wow im surprised the santa cruz is chipping...either way, i would rather buy a new grinder. if you do, just get one without any paint on it. best of luck.

8. Fuck that, your health is worth buying a diamond grinder

9. Just buy a plain extra large got vape grinder

10. wow are you sure its a real scs? I was about to get one but now i'm thinking its good to stay clear of the colored ones