Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

grinded with a grinder or grinded with fingers?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Jerd, Jul 17, 2010.

1. i wanna know what you guys think. what do you like better, grinding it with a grinder or with your fingers?

i never get around to buying a grinder because i'm always spending all of my money on marijuana haha.

2. Well I believe that the oil on fingers absorbs thc enriched resin, so, I would think that a grinder would be "better." I like using my fingers though, it allows me to customize my wee lil nugs :p. Plus a grinder is just another piece of paraf that could get you busted... It's up to the person I suppose.

3. I have a grinder but i like to use my hands...i always wanted one and then i got it...used it like 10 times and now it stays in the back of the box..hah i felt like with the kief catcher it was stealing my crystals!

4. Hands FTW! Grinders suck period, grinds em too small then ur bowl is cashed in 1 hit and it steals ur crystalls u gotta wait months to build up and it just overall sucks and takes too much time and shit

5. when your packing a bowl use your hands when your rolling a joint getta grinder :D

6. Strictly grinder. You lose kief from breaking it up with your fingers.

7. It depends on how you usually smoke. If it's through a bowl/pipe/bong I suggest breaking it up by hand. If it's in a blunt or joint I'd say go for the grinder because you already gotta take the time to break it up then roll it so you'll be looking at least 5 mins of waiting where as a bowl you just break it up and pack it.

8. I think the grinder is a good way to go for larger sums of weed, and speeds up the process, but the ol` breaking it up by hand works too.

9. would just be repeating words. Depends on smoking style:cool:

10. it depends on the situation. I personally dont own a grinder, but if my friends and i go out, we dont take them with us. Just because its paraphernalia. But if you get a good one, it will grind up the weed to the perfect consistency every time.

11. If you think it grinds it too much, then don't grind it as much? Hahah, like really you can control how fine it gets.
    The build up is like a little surprise that you eventually get in the long run. Like a really good treat. Nothing like smoking a bowl of straight up crystal. If you use your hands then it get stuck on your fingers and then guess what? You don't even get to smoke it.

Burt also the shot glass and scissors method usually works pretty well if you don't have a grinder.

12. The way I see it is that grinders basically give you a 2 for 1 effect on your nug. You get to enjoy nicely grounded up nug and you get to keep the kief for later use.

13. Well Mr. Redbar.

you cant grind weed with your fingers.

So i like to grind weed with grinders and break up weed with fingers.

Grinded for joints blunts and small bowls.

Broken up for my bong bubbler and bigger bowls.

Rawr :smoke:

14. use grinders for joints and hands for bowls

15. I don't really like touching my bud. I always use a grinder 1. For kief and 2. Because you get the sticky icky on your hands.

16. If you're busting up weed for a joint then a grinder is for sure worth it, if you only pack bowls then you can get away with just using your hands.

17. it only takes about a week to get a good amount of kief, and its dank.

18. I chop my bud up a bit with nail scissors.. it's really fast cause I'm use to doing it.
    I'm getting a grinder in a couple of weeks though, I guess I'll see how that goes..

19. i always finger it but if i had the money i would def get a grinder

20. Grinding is awesome if you want to really pack bowls and if you have a screen.
    breaking up is good for those that don't want scoobs getting in their mouth with a pipe and that don't have a screen.
    plus grinding = kief that you can save up so when you run out of green you can either smoke straight up kief or mix it with some resin to make it last longer.

its completely situational.