Greetings from Japan

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Dankleberrys, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Hey guys, i'm a british guy who's currently doing a snow season in Hokkaido Japan!

Been smoking for a few years and finally joined a forum! Its pretty hard to get here but managed to source a bag, looking forward to joining the city!

Meanwhile, here's some that i got when i was in australia

http://i.imgur.com/sSI8bvP.jpg

2. Nice looking bud, it looks a lot like what I picked up last night. Good thing I go it right before we had a blizzard. Now we're snowed in, but at least I have my bud. Just out of curiosity, what kind of bud were you able to get in Japan?? Post pictures if you can!! :)

Sent from my Prism II using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Wow, Japan? Thats pretty cool. Well, welcome to Grasscity, the highest spot in the world!!!!!!

4. Getting some in soon so will post pictures

From what I got, seems like hydro, little bit leafy but quite strong, better than I expected, smooth flavour and a comfortable smoke.

It is very pricey, I managed to find it at 80,000Â¥ (750US) an ounce!

Cheers man!

5. I've always wondered what the bud in Japan is like. Let me know if it's dank or not!!! Happy blazing

6. I love the kanjii for weed (Taima) 大麻 because it literally means 'big hemp' and the symbol on the right is designed to look like nugs being hung up to dry in a barn or something. It is by far my favorite way of writing weed :bongin:

Enjoy your stay in 日本, I am totally jealous. I am one of those strange Americans that is obsessed with Japan and their culture. So much cooler than ours (minus the weed laws of course).

7. $750 an ounce for mids LMFAO. FUCK that.

8. straight to the point & #direct

9. #10 MooseyPoo, Jan 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
    As a guy who's always been mildly interested in Asian/Japanese culture that's a neat bit of information ^_^  It really does look like buds out to dry. 

Also, Welcome, OP 

Goodluck over there, and be careful! As I'm sure you know the repercussions of getting caught are especially harsh over there, even moreso because you're a foreigner. Here's an interesting documentary about weed + Japan by the way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49pWTyj7ZI4

Looking for it now, but VICE has another documentary covering other drugs in Japan, one being something synthetic that emulates marijuana. By changing it's chemical makeup slightly, it remains legal. If I find it, I'll post the link. It'd be neat to get someone's perspective that has smoked weed on this Japanese synthetic weed clone stuff if you ever get to try it. Anyways, I like to ramble..

Take it easy and stay safe, OP :smoke: