Greetings From Iowa (sigh)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mr.Shoester, May 12, 2009.

1. #1 Mr.Shoester, May 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2009
    Hey guys just wanted to say hello to everybody. Been smoking for about ten years now and have always enjoyed the site so I figured I'd join. I grew up in San Diego but moved to Iowa 6 years ago...and not a cool part of Iowa either, (is there really a "cool" part of Iowa?), I'm stuck in a town of 30,000 people, of which by my esitimation 20,000 of them are quite possibly tweakers. A lotta meth in this state...

But anyways as far as my weed situation goes, it is quite dim. Usually just grab a bag off a friend from work and even the best I've found here probably wouldn't even compare to the Mecci back home. (do they still call crap weed "Mecci" in So Cal anymore? Sigh, it's been too long).

So I figured I'd live vicariously though you guys. Causal smoker now, usually before bed, saying hello and thanks for all the great threads :smoking:

2. Hey, welcome to GC. Your username is amazing! :laughing:

3. Thanks Doc, I'm not really sure if it even means anything in pop culture or whatever but all the spiffy weed names like "SirSmokesalottachronic" and "stickyfingersmcgee" were all taken lol. Nah just kidding I just pulled it outta nowhere I suppose.

Note: If there are ctually members with the names "sirsmokesalottachronic" and/or "stickyfingersmcgee" then I meant no harm of course...and I tip my hat to you Sir.

4. Welcome to GrassCity man!

Hope you enjoy your stay here! Be an active poster and feel free to ask us anything you want (as long as it follows the rules).

Hopefully you'll encounter some high quality weed in the near future! If you do, post some pics in the stash jar forum!

Regards,
    GlitterPaws :wave:

5. Thanks for the welcome GlitterPaws! I will definitly do that for sure. I feel like I must begin a quest to find some good weed because it has honestly been 6 years since I've smoked anything but rock hard dirt. I suppose it would be different if I was around college folk or something and I really haven't tried finding a good dealer. I'm just outta my comfort zone in this state is all. But I am determined now I think. Thanks again and see ya around!

6. #6 hari, May 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2009
    spammer

7. err?...Thanks for the welcome Sunrise technologies? Lol, I suppose there's a bit of a troll problem on the GC? Oh well I'll take what I can get lol.

8. Nah, don't worry about trolls. They get banned very quickly. You will rarely ever find them in the other forums, they just get away with it for longer if they post their spam in here.

9. #9 steve42o, May 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2009
    welcome bro, sorry about ur drought tho haha, things will turn around, ive been here for a few weeks and havnt seen any trolls except that one, its not a problem here.

10. your in iowa take that bagseed and grow it, i have smoked some AMAZING bud grown from iowa bagseed, and its iowa, you can pull it off pretty easy without being caught

11. Thx for the welcome guys. Well MileHiMoFo while that definitly would be the best route to go there are some circumstances that kinda prevent me from doing that. I have a full basement in my townhouse and a fair amount of knowledge on the subject but for starters I live with my girlfriend, who is not versed at all in Marijuana culture (didn't even know who Bob Marley was when I met here) so my trust levels are not there with her being hush hush, and second I can literally throw a rock from my porch and break a school window. So that would be an automatic sentence I believe if anything went wrong :(.

12. Welcome to GC...I used to live in Sioux City, IA and moved to CO about 5 years ago. I hated it there...but CO is the shiiiit :D

13. Yeah CO would be sweet dude. Ever drive by for a look at Owl Farm (Thompson's heavily fortified compound)?

14. I'm sorry te hear about your situation, man. +rep for taking it like a man. Have you tried http://webehigh.com? They have info on a bunch of cities in Iowa. I used it to get weed in London.

15. ok those are good points, you could try a guerilla grow, it would be easy to find a spot with how spread out shit is, look for an abandoned house, property that is obviously deserted, im sure you could get some monster outdoors plants with the iowa soil and climate

16. Thanks for the rep miklelottesen and for that sweet link. Think I might be paying a bit to much for my goods. I appreciate the info for sure! Yeah MileHimofo I've pipe dreamed a guerrila grow around here but I dunno. I really don't know the surrounding farm land very well but maybe I'm just making excuses?

I am definitly planning on moving within a few years either back to Ca (maybe Concord) or perhaps washington or oregon and might plan a serious grow once I'm settled there. I have a classic case of paranoia in this state. Don't wanna get shot at by some backwoods hee-haw with a double barrel or end up in some gestapo like midwest prison for picking a few plants. It's crazy out here guys. I mean I've met a lot of friends and the place ain't all that bad...but the weed laws seem a bit harsh to me. Weird that Iowa legalized Gay marriage...so maybe I have hope?

Besides my luck I'd get a good crop going and some tornado would comee along or the area would be flooded...I think we may have lost a whole city last year to flooding? Ok I rant, my bad. Thanks for all the warm welcomes guys. Gonna go take a snap from the ol' binger. catch you guys later.

17. i moved from iowa less than a year ago, and yeah it is pretty rough, although once you find the right people and routine you will worry more about being dry than getting caught

18. Not sure where you live in iowa but muscatine is like the meth capitol haha. but anyways i live near the quad cities on the iowa side and there is tons of weed around here. oh and the laws are harsh but the judges usually let you off pretty easy. Im in college so your right about that making it easier to find, but im sure someone around you sells.

19. I have been smoking here in Iowa for 15 years and still cant find a good source of dank. mayb comes around once a year for 100 for 7 grams. lots of mids and meth tho. i hate that shit man