Greenhouse or outdoors?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Homiedontplaythat, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Hello all,
    This is my first post. Sorry if I posted in the wrong category. I live in northern CO on a small farm property. I am from New England and have grown outdoors there with mixed results, weather can be an issue. I'm very excited to have the opportunity here to do what I'd like. We have a 20X40' greenhouse that's not heated. My friend thinks we should grow some in there, I feel that pests could be an issue. I'm thinking of diversifying the whole set up. 15 gal smart pots along with some in the ground. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. I think the greenhouse would be good. You'd get less pests like you said. Can't really think of any drawbacks. I'm sure you'd want some fans in there though because they wouldn't be getting the natural wind which helps strengthen them.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Let me be the first...WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Both...

Greenhouses can give you more climate control and pest resistance. Which can lead to a higher quality product.

The major reason many run greenhouses is for light deprivation techniques... you can pull a tarp over the greenhouse to make the plants flower earlier in the season so you can harvest and make money sooner.

Then you also have your outdoor girls going all summer for the big yields. And your greenhouse can be used as a drying room while you trim the outdoor harvest.

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace,
    whose mind is stayed on thee."
    -Isaiah

• Like Like x 2
  5. Pest problems are usually less of a problem than outdoors. How tall is the hoop? 20' houses rarely get taller than 10', which could be pretty limiting. Sounds like fun tho.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk