Greenhouse cooling

Discussion in 'Greenhouses' started by Frostnuggets, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Alright grow season is here (for me atleast), last year I made my own greenhouse out of pvc and plastic and things didn’t work out too well because tempature inside the greenhouse would reach above 120, way too high, actually fried some electronic inside it, but it was all good because it was just a test run late in the season and I only had a couple small plants in there that died, plus I was more focused on the indoor grow, but this season I’m a little more prepared, I recently bought a greenhouse made of metal tubing and thick plastic for this season. I’m going to be running an exhaust system from an 8” or 10” in-line fan and am going to be getting some aluminet to keep temps down. Was wondering what % aluminet I should run. I don’t want it to affect the quality of my bud as I prefer to only smoke the best, I was thinking 30% but wasn’t sure if that would be enough to keep tempature down enough. Will a higher % affect quality? I normally only smoke my indoor but electrical is expensive and I would like to expand my knowledge for future plans of entering the industry. (Going to college next year for cultivation). So if anyone has any information that can help me keep my temps down without sacrificing quality let me know? Also was thinking of running a diy evaporative cooler but wasn’t sure if that would bring my humidity up to high, I’ve had to deal with pm before and don’t plan on dealing with it again. Any help is appreciated.

2. #2 Deleted member 638051, Apr 8, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2018
    Never used aluminet, don't know what to say about that. I just leave the sides open on my greenhouse. I leave an opening at each end. I am mostly just sheltering from rain and drizzling fog.
    I've been using pallets on the ends that are open. They block a lot of wind while allowing air flow.

I tried cutting holes to put screens, etc. For me, I pretty much had to open the sides or the temp would reach 100*f - sometimes even in winter.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Greenhouse is not for you (IMO)

Greenhouse is for growing in poor climates to gain use of that extra heat

tho you can in the 'off' season fall etc

for your temps sake grow outdoors

or in a guirillia grow type thing

good luck

4. Location, location, set your greenhouse where it only receives morning-early afternoon direct sun, then late afternoon evening it's partially shaded, I also have put a sun shade of the west side, also make your sides so you can roll them part way up for maximum ventilation, Or only use it for the late season when that plant needs a few extra weeks.. Good luck...

5. Nice exhaust fans, i use 3000 cfm 65 watt dc fans connected to a 100 watt solar panel. I have a 18x60ft hoop and two of these fans. One blowing air in on one side and one pulling air out on the other side (at the highest point of your hoop) i also leave the upper part of the hoop on both sides open so air can pass through. My greenhouse is within 5 degrees of outdoor even hot days no more than 7-8 degrees. It doesnt get hotter than about 99-100 degrees here in july. That combined with diffused light plastic, a good mulch layer and spraying them with water a few times on hot days should have no issues

MJane