Green Stuff on my Rockwool Help!!!(PICS)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by PurpleHerb, Dec 20, 2007.

1. hey guys my hydro plants arnt doing so good.... they took of fast now have slowed and i noticed some green stuff growing on the rockwool cubes its slimey like alage.

Attached Files:

2. Bro, it is algea, it grows on rockwool unless you cover it up with something, but don't worry about it it's quite harmless..

And about your plant growth.. How much are you feeding it and what is the ph at?

3. Thats algae and the top of that rockwool needs to be covered from your light at all times.

4. Did ya clean those lava rocks good? If not they may be messin with your PH bad enough to cause some nutes to lock up.How long has that cube been in there?

5. alge for sure, either cover it or keep good air movement over the rockwool to help keep it dry, wet + light = alge

6. Green=Good
    Black=Bad

Its going to happen when lights are on any water substance/surface for a long amount of time. You can cover it up but I don't stress it, long as it stays green.

7. well i havent started feeding the plants yet because i am still not sure on what nutes i should use. ther isnt a hydro store around me so i dont know what to do?
    thanks for the fast replys guys.
    ph is 6.4

8. ph should be 5.5-5.8....and a cheap way to stop that algae problem, just wrap the top of the cube/container in foil...good luck 2 u!

9. Agreed;)

10. if you dont cover the rockwool up you will get fungus knats....not good.

11. More hydroton or a piece of mylar works well.

12. allright thanks for the help guys so i guess i will be buying some ph down than to get the level right and covering the rockwool

13. #13 mattdenton, Aug 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2015
    I have something growing on my rockwool and is copper colored... anyone know what that could be?