Green seeds

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Plan B, Oct 6, 2006.

1. I've got a hermie and a female that she pollenated left to harvest. I've been waiting for the seeds to mature. I was wondering if the seeds will darken when they dry or do I need to wait until they darken before I harvest. They are showing brown spots but are still a little green.

2. i believe you supposed to wait until they turn brown. Someone please correct me if im wrong.

3. Green seeds are immature. Mature seeds are a speckled brown.

Just had to get some seeds out to make sure, LOL.

4. The seeds will almost be busting out of the cotyledon and should be brown with black stripes at maturity. Sometimes they have a green skin which is easy to remove.

5. what?

I have never had any striped seeds, Im not saying they dont exist, but to say that seeds are ready when they are striped is INCORRECT:cool:

6. A cotyledon is the first oval leaf to form when the seed sprouts.

So WTF this is supposed to mean is beyond me.

7. I've come across some tiger striped seeds before

8. I defintely have, I'm growing some right now. Don't know the strain, but it's dank herb.

9. Those I am looking at right now are of two types, some are plain brown, some are speckled with tiny darker brown spots. I have seen seeds with darker stripes.
    But the colour is predominantly brown in all cases.

10. Allright I'm gonna wait untill the seeds darken before I harvest. Must be patient, next years crop depends on it. It's just that the trich's were cloudy like two weeks ago but the seeds were still green. So the THC% is going down-hill but I'm not worried about the potency of my breeders just the quality of the seeds. Thanks for your help GC crew.

11. I'm not exactly sure how many seeds you get out of a few thick buds, I happen to be lucky enough that EVERY SINGLE plant I've ever planted turned out to be female, I'm 8 for 8. However, why not harvest the cola and let the rest of the plant rippen with those seeds? Best of both worlds?