Green Planet Nutrients, EC's no where near their calculator.

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by LittleTent, Apr 20, 2022.

1. Hey everyone.
    Anyone here using Green Planet Nutrients?

I've just switched over to using Green Planet Nutrients GP3 system and have run into a problem with the calculator and the EC's I am getting. The EC's were very close to the calculators figures during the vegetative stage, so I believe the base nutrients are correct, and there might be a problem with one or more of the additives. I have tested the calibration of my EC meter, and it appears to be reading correctly.
    I am doing drain to waste and I am at week 3 of the flowering stage. I mixed up 100 litres of nutrients at the suggested rates in the calculator, my waters EC is .112, but I have subtracted that from the the figures below, I measured the EC value after the addition of each nutrient/additive. If anyone that is using Green Planet Nutrients, could take a look at these figures and let me know if it looks like any of them are incorrect, so I can work out which one is not adding to the EC?

GP3 Grow, add 25ml - .092 EC
    GP3 Micro, add 100ml - .624 EC
    GP3 Bloom, add 150ml - .938 EC
    Vitathrive, add 200ml - 1.000 EC
    Rezin, add 200ml - 1.028 EC
    Massive, add 500ml - 1.216 EC
    Liquid Weight, add 150ml - 1.218 EC

As you can see, the total EC of 1.218, is a long way from the EC of 1.8 that is suggested in the calculator.

I sent an email with all this info to Green Planet Nutrients, but the reply I got was pretty much useless, advising me to use more base nutrients if I want to raise EC.

Thanks in advance.

2. Some people do fine never letting the EC go above 1.3. If the plants are looking healthy, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Using Jacks, I was feeding my 3 gal DTW coco plants 2x daily at 1.8 EC including 0.2 EC water, so 1.6 EC of nutrients, and the runoff was hitting over 3.6 :eek2: so I had to cut the feed strength by about 20%.

3. Surprised you got a junk response from Green Planet. I have watched all episodes of Growing Exposed, and got the strong impression they were the kind of company that would not do something like that. I would consider replying to them, but keeping my question simple as possible, maybe like "When I mix according to YOUR feed chart, I don't get the expected 1.8 EC but get 1.2. Why?"

When I ran GH, went with EC .8 to about 1.3 max. Running Athena now, I run 3.0 from clone to harvest for most strains. So it really does seem to depend on the nute line.

I would just keep an eye on the girls for early deficiency signs, but not bump up the EC until they say they need it.

4. Thanks for the replies. :)
    Plants are doing fine, first full grow with these nutrients, so starting off with the calculators figures, so I know what to expect from the nutrients, next grow I'll start lowering the EC's and see where they start getting hungry.

My main problem is, I spent nearly $900 on Green Planet Nutrients and additives, and it appears that at least one of the additives, might be mostly water.

Thanks again for the replies.

5. Well, so far I'm not too impressed with Green Planet nutrients, just weighed up this grow, half the yield I've gotten in the past from this strain using Canna nutrients.