Green-O-Matic - Outdoor Australian guerilla grow journal!

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by GreenTeaFtw, Sep 20, 2012.

1. #1 GreenTeaFtw, Sep 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2012
    What's up guys :wave:, this is my first time grow. I've done a bit of research and I think I'm ready. As it says in the title I'm growing the "Green-O-Matic" strain which is a small plant that flowers fast. It is an auto and I will be growing in a pot in the woods :)

After 2-3 weeks of having it in a foam cup I will be moving it to a 2.1 gallon pot (8.1 litres) and adding compost to the mix. Any tips on how much to water will be appreciated, I'm looking at trying to only water it once a week because I have to ride to my location!

My baby has sprouted, first pic:

[​IMG]

Another shot:

[​IMG]

If you guys are enthused, I'll keep you posted ;)

Also any tips since I'm new will be much appreciated.

2. G'day g'day !
    Good luck with your grow , you will learn lots I'm sure :)
    Is your plot in the woods very sunny? Being an autoflower it will need as much light as you can get it to make sure it grows to a reasonable size .

Looking good so far .
    Take care
    42o

3. Cheers,

I'm trying to find the best, sunniest area for my grow. I'll update in 3 days!

4. Nice, don't get caught,

Where abouts in Aussie are you mate?

5. I'll try not too bro, SA.

6. SA nice , you won't have to worry about the sun then :)!
    If you only want to water once a week you will need to think about ways to keep your plant watered enough . Mulch , water crystals and a decent sized hole will help .
    Is this your only plant this season :)?
    Looking forward to your grow
    42o

7. Yeah I really do need some mulch and water crystals because it's going in an 8.1 litre pot.

This is my only plant this season! :)

8. #10 420outdoor, Sep 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2012
    That could be a problem with a small plastic pot sitting out there in the SA sun withou water for a week , no matter how many water crystals haha :)
    A hole would work better for you in my opinion or at least burying your pot but it's all part of the learning experience I guess :)

Being an autoflower like I said , you don't have as much time for recovery If you make mistakes so try think of a way to keep it watered and cared for .
    You'll be right , keep researching and you will find problems before they happen .

I'm done now =) good luck!!
    42o

9. Thought so :(

So would bringing a gardening trowel to dig a hole be enough? I can't bring a shovel to my location :p

10. [quote name='"GreenTeaFtw"']
    Thought so :(

So would bringing a gardening trowel to dig a hole be enough? I can't bring a shovel to my location :p[/quote]

G'day GtF,

Get yourself something like this if you can, $30 at bunnings and it's awesome, roots , rocks whatever and compact.

image-1353486968.jpg

You'll definitely need to get that pot in the ground if you only want to water weekly and get some water crystals for your hole , listen to 42o he's a pro at this shit.
    Good luck!!

Oz