Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Green hash that smells like weed not kief

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by mauro4444, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Hi everyone,
    I need some advice. I got my hands on this homegrown Daiquiri Lime (from a friend of a friend of a friend) and it smells amazing and looks good too, a bit poorly trimmed but lots of (what I hope are) crystals including inside the buds and on the stems. The baggie has lots of crystals too...

I got some grit before and got really scared by it, so each batch I get, I always test it first. The ash test passed very well, burnt to a white clean ash and was told by the dealer (whos friend grew it) that it was flushed for 2 weeks before harvest etc. My problem is that it scratched a cd and I then ground up some and placed it under a glass...and it crackled when the glass went over it. Now, sites have said this is grit, BUT is it? Other sites say the cd test is not a good test and maybe all weed cracks when a glass is moved over it. Its super sticky and smells divine and its driving me crazy! The guy i got it off used to grow with this dude and assures me its as clean as nature, but why would it scratch?

So I had a brainwave to empty some of the crystals from the baggie and see if they scratched the cd. Moved the grass to a container and rubbed the bag with my fingers to loosen the crystals and poured it onto a cd. When rubbed with my finger it didnt scratch, but then got a soft tissue and applied pressure and it scratched!!
    My question is, do these crystals look legit or is it glass or silicone or something evil??

I need help here, as its driving me crazy...on one hand, Im so scared of vaping this if its glass,,....on the other the dealer is insisting on it being clean and tasty!! Do I just have some really good, sticky stuff or not?!

Im calling for all people out there to attempt this method, but only if they know their weed is clean 100%. If you've grown it yourself or you have some thats tracable, please empty some crystals out of the bag and rub them on a cd and see if it scratches. If it does, and you are sure its clean, then this myth must be debunked and soon, as it will safe a lot of heartache and possibly the health of people!

And also please let me know!! Dying to have some of this and if it scratches for you guys too, then Im sure this stuff is fine for me to enjoy!! Was worried when I saw crystals on the stalks and inside the bud and it was sticking to the bag and now this! Please help!

Ive uploaded some photos of the crystals and the scratch. Do these look like tricomes or is it glass?

Thank u!!! x

Attached Files:

2. #42 generic98547, Jan 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    Your pictures are to low of a quality for me to be able to tell but this is what a bud packed with trichomes looks like [​IMG] did it look similar to this? The shiny trichomes not the bud itself. It honestly looks like it could damn near be glass BUT I'd like better quality pictures if possible. I've never tried to scratch glass with a bud but I HIGHLY DOUBT I could lmao.

Again though I'm doubting it's trichomes they look like to big of different sized chunks to be trichomes...

I'd recommend putting the bud in some type of tea bag and cooking the bud in hot cocoa be sure to add some fatty chocolates and milk to help absorb the thc better just cook it on a medium heat right under a simmer for a couple hours at least. Then just remove the tea bag full of cannabis and if you want to be extra sure strain the cocoa through a coffee filter. So you can still enjoy the bud even if you can't smoke it and edible highs are different and tend to be pretty nice.

I could be wrong like I said the pictures are low quality it could be nanners or premature seeds but trichomes would smash together they would not scratch anything.

3. Hi, thanks for the reply! Its not to scratch glass with the bud, sorry...I put some bud on a table and put a drinking glass over it and it made a cracking sound. Sorry, I have no other way of showing a better pic...and I couldnt see your pic either!

Its to see if you can get some trics onto a CD and see if that scratches or not.... thanks a mil tho! x

• Like Like x 1
  4. They don't look like trichomes to me, they look too large and oddly shaped as said above... i agree.
    Trichomes consist of resin and should melt easily when heat is applied... try that. glass won't easily melt.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Just trust me when I say that's not what trichomes look like. I'd highly highly high recommend you just cook the bud into a drink or butter and strain very well and consider packing it in a tea bag for when you are cooking with it. Trichomes will not stay firm at all they aren't that large or that shape either. It could possibly be a bunch of premature seeds or something but I have no way of safely knowing and I can't tell 100% with that Pic so I'd highly recommend making edibles or drinkables.

Next time before you buy the weed INSIST that the dealer matches a blunt or joint with you and make sure he's smoking the same weed he's selling you. Can you take a picture of the actual bud itself? Low quality or not just to see what it looks like.

6. Sure, just give me a sec! Or a few mins actually! Thanks for all the replies...this is making me sad tho...:-(

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks and like I said even if its glass you can still use the bud in cooking methods and get toasted or honestly depending on the vape its not really harmful since most have very very fine mesh screens those peaces would never fit through.

8. Here it is!

Attached Files:

9. Id smoke it.... What was pictured was probably premature seeds or something but yeah the buds themselves look normal id definitely smoke it. Again though in the future id always recommend getting the dealer to match some bud with you for a blunt and see if they'll smoke what they sell you.

10. Sorry, they came out badly too!

• Like Like x 1
  11. would they scratch a cd?

12. No idea never tried.

13. If u have some clean stuff, that your sure on, could you try to see if it scratches on your cd?? Then at least I'd know that it can indeed happen and that method is not really sound for detecting glass particles.

14. And thanks Harvey, will try that tomorrow for sure! Melting it I mean.

15. But in the mean time if anyone who is 100% sure of their stash, please get a few crystals onto a cd and see what happens if you rub them hard.... I am holding out hope that they scratch somehow......
    Please!

16. Maybe you just got trash weed :confused_2: I've not seen laced weed in 10 years of smoking..

17. Well thats encouraging....! Wanna waste a tiny bit and check if it scrapes a cd?? Not encouraging about the trash tho...but that you havent seen it in 10 years...there is every chance this stuff is amazing!
    Just that i emptied a bit of what was left in the bag onto a cd and it looked like that and scraped.

18. I have no need to check lol the people i buy from grow it & smoke it :confused_2:

19. I mean check it for me! Like my longer thread says, if anyone could please check the kief of their trusted weed, and if it did indeed scratch a cd, then that theory could be debunked and I could enjoy my medicine!!!
    and lucky u!!!

• Like Like x 1
  20. I quit using any type of disk/cd years ago lol i dont even use a tv just the phone.

• Like Like x 1