Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Green Dragon, UPDATED!!! Try This!

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by MarijuanaBudha, Feb 13, 2009.

1. #1 MarijuanaBudha, Feb 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2009
    We have all probably heard of Green Dragon but you guys should check out the method that extracts more thc and in even the same day!
    It calls for preheating the herb in the oven for five minutes at 325F To convert all the THCA(tetrahydrocannabolic acid) into THC via decarboxlyation. Then you heat the alcohol and ground weed in a mason jar in almost boiling water for 20 minutes strain and if you use an 1/8 of good green and 2 oz. of Bacardi 151 an eyedropper full will get you high for like 5 hours like brownies and 2 will evoke a spiritual experience lol. here's the guide:

http://boards.cannabis.com/concentra...-combined.html

I haven't tried it yet though it beats the hell out of letting your stash chill in alcohol for a month plus you'd probably extract less chlorophyll this way. Do it and post your results! :D

2. Looks good, gonna try this next pickup

3. I've done it. It works the same as the longer stash method, but there are a few precautions you need to take when doing this.

First and foremost, DO NOT heat the alcohol/weed solution directly; you must use a water bath and a double bubble. If you are using a mason jar for this method, DO NOT PUT THE CAP ON when you are putting it in the water bath. The alcohol will heat up, causing some to vaporize, converting from liquid to gas; this will cause additional pressure and if the mason jar is capped it will explode.

Secondly, always be extremely careful when heating alcohol solutions. Not only is the liquid extremely flammable, but the vapors are as well. It is best to do this under a nice big fumigator, or vent, or whatever you have available.

Thirdly, make sure you take a real thermometer and test run your oven. The reason for this being that THC vaporizes in the upper 370 degree range (F), so if your oven is miscalibrated by even a bit and you set it for 350 degrees (F), it could be 380 degrees (F) or higher and has the possibility of destroying your stash entirely. If you don't have a real thermometer, it is best to set your oven to 325 degrees (F) and let it run for a longer cycle (10 mins or so).

Umm, yup, that's about all I can think about off the top of my head. I've made this a couple times with great success. I reccommend using mids or even shake for this as it will separate out the THC from the plant matter and all that bad stuff that comes along with mids/shake, so it will be the same quality as if you used headies (assuming you use a proportionate amount of mids to headies, as headies have about 20-25% THC/volume and mids can range from 5-15%).

4. How do you know for sure its as good as the longer method?

5. Thanks for the advice! ;)