Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

green dragon recipe question

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by scottie rippen, Jan 10, 2013.

1. ok guys, I have seen a lot of green dragon recipes but most of them call for large amounts of bud, but I was wondering if someone could help me, could you guys tell me how much of everything I would need if I had 14gs of stems and 2 gs of bud

2. What method are you going to use? I'm afraid that I don't use stems for anything so I can't give you detailed info on that. There are guides for stem use but I don't know how potent they are. If it were me, I would soak the stems in Everclear first for a couple of weeks, shaking occasionally. Break those stems down as small as you can so that it won't take too much alcohol to cover. I recommend 2 phases to get the most out of your material. After you've soaked your stems, you use that alcohol to use with your bud for your GD. You shouldn't use more than 3 fluid oz of the Everclear hopefully to cover the stems. You should recover most of that after you strain them. After you've decarbed your bud, use it and your stem soak to make your tincture with whichever method you want to use. Whichever way you do it, after it's finished you'll evaporate off half of the remaining alcohol for your final concentrated tincture. You should have a fluid ounce of potent Green Dragon when you're finished. With the material you're using, I believe that 1 oz is the most you'll get. If you use more than 3 oz of alcohol you should still reduce it to 1 oz for optimal strength. That will give you a potency of 2+ grams in that ounce, counting what you recover from the stems. With that potency, you should only need a few drops which would give you at least 40 doses.

The methods available are heat, cold and freezer. I've read of a lot of failures with the heat method, or at least not as good as hoped. I use the freezer method which is described in the link on my signature, but for you I would recommend the cold method. That's basically soak for 2 wks to month before evaporating. With that method you could soak your stems and bud together in one step. You'd use the same amount of alcohol for each method.

I had seen your post right after you posted it and had hoped that someone with stem experience might answer you but when I saw that no one had, I didn't want you to get discouraged. I have a lot of experience with tinctures and that's my opinion. I hope it helped. Maybe now that we've bumped this up a little, others will chime in. :D

3. thanks for the help sir, appreciate it.. Yea it was potent stuff so hopefully it will be strong.