Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Green Dragon Dosage

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by GrowMoe, Feb 8, 2013.

1. #1 GrowMoe, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2013
    Hey GC! :wave:

I just wanted some input as to dosage of Green Dragon. I make my Green Dragon the standard warm extraction method. I don't heat the material to decarboxylate, but I use good quality scruff and some kief.

I will try to heat the material next time, but I just didn't this time around.

I use 120 proof since that is the strongest alcohol I can legally get in my country. It has been soaking in the bottles for two weeks now and has turned so dark green that it looks black, even when held up to the light. It's really black with a green tint to it.:cool:

I am wondering about the dosage for this incredible beverage. I don't cook it or boil it down, so it is 120 proof. I have done this before so Id o have some experience with it, but I would like to know what you guys think. I usually mix it with Schweppes Lemon to make this wonderfully tasting cocktail. I love it. It tastes like the cannabis lollipops you can buy in Amsterdam. Like a blend of cannabis and lemon (naturally).

What are your experiences with this and dosages? And would it still be considered a tincture or is it just cannabis liquor?

2. #2 GrowMoe, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2013
    I have two bottles and I've decided to boil down the smaller one today. It's only like 3 dl. I will boil it in a jar in a water bath and put the finished product in an medicine vial with an eye dropper. Should I boil it down as much as I can to get rid of all of the alcohol?

My friend will be my guinea pig and we'll start with the recommended dose of one or two drop under the tongue. I'll post an update later.

I would still like some input on the cannabis liquor though. Anybody?

I will keep that other bottle, a full 70 dl, for another week or two, and then strain it and use it as I have previously.

3. If you evaporate all the alcohol out what you're going to be left with is basically hash.
    If you go to this link you'll get an example of how to titriate you dosage. This thread is about a different way to make a Green Dragon like you are making.
    I have found the Green Dragon to be an amazing product. You can make anything with it by adding the GD to any other lipid (or fat) and FULLY evaporating the alcohol.

4. OK, thanks a lot for your input.

Since I can only get 120 proof, there will be 40% water in it, so if I evaporate all of the alcohol there will be some water left. Or am I wrong?

5. Ultimately both will evaporate off, but the alcohol will evaporate at a lower temperature. You will need to give it more time to evaporate your higher percentage of water, if that is what you are looking to do. I would be leery of evaporating all the alcohol off and having the cannabanoids floating around in the remaining water.
    Essentially I would evaporate it down to what ever strength you want it to be then use that in measured doses to mix into other items.

6. Ok, that makes sense. I have boiled it down now, and transferred it to an eye dropper. There is definitely alcohol left, so I guess its good. I was just wondering, you know.... :smoking:

My guinea pig has taken a lot more than two drop though. At least a small mouth full... maybe not so small after all... :D
    He says it's good though, and he wants to go out to party. We'll see how that goes.

To bad I can't try it myself. I have to be clean for a while (piss test).

7. what would you suggest adding? any step by step simple instructions on how to do so? i would like to fully evaporate my GD

8. #8 Jojo0420, Feb 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2013
    There is a great thread here (click here) that covers all the basics. I have done it and can fully vouch. Some of the things I've made are in the last couple pages.
    My favorite so far is Agave nectar, you reduce the Green Dragon (GD) down to 1ml doses and mix 1:1 with Agave nectar in a double boiler. Cook till all alcohol is gone. Let cool and sample under tongue. Taken sublingually you can feel it in a couple minutes. The rest you swallow and kicks in like a regular edible, lasts for hours. Amazing pain relief. You can make the exact same thing with honey, but it's a bit difficult to work with and measure doses.

9. Thank you all for answering.

Update: My friend say they got really high, but not lethargic or couch stoned. They first tried with a small dose, a few drops. It was really strong (alcohol wise) so he couldn't keep it there for long before he swallowed.

Later on he took a small shot, like 5 ml or so, and that really worked well. He was drinking at the same time though, so it's hard to tell how well it really worked. But there's no question it worked. The whole point of this was to figure out the dosage here, so that was kind of a waste of time. He smoked continuously, even though I told him it would fuck up my experiment.

My other friend tried a few drops sublingually (he managed to keep it there, and said it wasn't too bad after the initial sting), maybe 3-4 drops, and he said he could feel the effects after 3-4 minutes. I guess it is kind of potent, but it seems there's no problem taking larger doses. He definitely got high off those few drops.:D

I'll report back when some other people have tried it, just to confirm.

PS: My friends don't think it tastes bad though. One of them actually loved it.