Green Cure Usage with Other IPM Sprays

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Scopetonic, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Hey All,

Just curious how everyone uses green cure. Last grow I used neem and BT mixed together then followed with green cure after 5 minutes or so.

I know BNW and others say BT and green cure weekly but when exactly are you spraying?

This grow I'm using protekt, neem, and aloe. I'll also add some BT and spinosad at some point.

My biggest concern is preventing bud rot which took greater than 90% of the outdoor harvest last year.

So do you all spray multiple sprays together or keep them all separated, particularly with regards to green cure?

2. I wouldn't mix products like that to spray at the same time, you have no idea how it may affect the efficacy of each product.
    Pick a schedule to rotate and keep it.
    As for bud rot, do you train your plant? Simply topping your plant a few times will ensure you have smaller more numerous colas that are less susceptible to bud rot.....that and keep the plant healthy, and don't overwater during flower.

3. I did find a legitimate source stating that BT and neem are compatible if used immediately.

If I'm only going to the plants once per week and I just simply rotated they wouldn't get each ingredient but monthly.

My rationale for green cure after the IPM spray was to reduce the chance of rot forming from the moisture from the IPM sprays.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. not necessary to spray GC after neem. you have already changed the ph of the leaf surface, and left a residue that for the most part inhibits wpm. now if you were spraying daily at lights out, then who knows. but, spraying responsibly, at dawn will not cause wpm.

5. I don't mix products. Cure one day and BT the next.
    Very low humidity here so even the tightest buds rarely have an issue.
    I've learned to be more reactive then proactive outside. With part of my product going to very sick people I try and let mother nature do all she can and I only interfere when she can't step up.
    Cure and BT is all I'm using as between the Ladybugs and the Praying mantis they are keeping just about everything else under control. A few scale but I'm not worried about them.

Option #1
    If your humidity is very late in the season you can force an early flower and take between 2 weeks and a month off the cycle. Finish mid to late September. Grow under 24-0 lighting from mid May to late June and it'll flower early to mid July

Option #2
    Thinning the heaviest colas in early flower to leave air gaps. Reduced Harvest beats zero harvest.
    Remove every other bud site.

BNW

6. As always thanks for the sage advice. For the early harvest, when do you try to get them in the ground or at least when do you turn off supplemental lighting?

7. Start inside as soon as you want. Set out after any chance of frost has passed. Kept on 24-0 zero with hung lights to assist at night. They will slam into flower when the lights are turned off. The trick is to fool them into flowering early but not give them time to realize the days are still long and start to reveg.
    [​IMG]
    Three 23 watt CFLs (100 watt equiv) 6500k daylight color.

August 1st is the natural Trigger day. Near enough for our purposes. 10 weeks later the plants are done. Mid October.

About 1 month is the most you can advance and not have the plants stall mid flower and try to reveg.

Kill the lights July 15th and harvest October 1st.
    Kill the lights July 1st and harvest September 15th

BNW

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. What do you think about spraying at dawn vs dusk in areas where humidity is a concern?

9. I also will do 1 oz of 99% iso with lost coast if I have aphids in veg.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. I mix BT and Spinosad.
    Last year I separately used ISO and water mix on a different day to cure mold. It also killed off plant eating critters along with plant eating critter eaters.
    I tried a quarter dose of green cure and the next day my buds were turning brown and crispy. I tried to give the rest away but nobody will take it. I wonder if it will remove stains in the driveway?

11. Are you saying green cure burned your plants? Never had that problem ever.

12. Damn, I live about a mile closer to the water than you (or at least where I think you are) and it doesn't matter what I do, even with thinning, training, topping and spraying green cure once a week I still loose a few colas to rot, which sucks we only have space to grow a couple small plants. I never remember it being a problem when I lived up your way. That damn morning dew.

I do the same though, I'll spray green cure one day, and a few days later spray some BT, Castile soap or spinosad depending on what I'm seeing on the plants.

Sent from my phbgf uijj tplkjn

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yup. And I didn't use a full dose. (less than half, according to the label)

14. I've had it burn. I use about 1/2 - 1/4 strength and spray when they are in the shade. Even then it turns the pistils brown.

Sent from my phbgf uijj tplkjn