green caterpillars

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by crippledkiller, Sep 27, 2012.

1. I have green caterpillars I'm 7 days into my flush I was thinking of harvesting the plants early would I be ok doing that or should I finish flushing and lose more bud plz help

2. Like these guys?? BT enzyme based mojo only drawback, spray on applied, water based... I spray early am, so the sunlight drys it. Completely gone after evaporation, works great but must be applied often

ForumRunner_20120926_201540.png

3. Contrary to most beliefs, these sons of b#tches are the cause of all my mold issues!! Not them but their webbing & lil pepper like turds, add damaged foliage, plus the evening dew & you have the perfect scenario for mold production

4. Damn glad mine wasn't infested with them I only picked the ones that were on the plant off and never saw them again. You must have a shit ton if they're tearing up that much of your crop too.

5. i have the same problem...bought some safer caterpillar killer, and sprayed them during sunset...hopefully my plants want mold...I used 2teaspoon per gallon

6. But do you think it would be ok to pull them with only 8 days of flushing

7. 8 days of flushing? Or 8 days after flushing? How many plants and how big? What rate are you losing bud right now?

8. Better to do right before sunrise doing it before sunset is just asking for mold problems.

9. As posted in my first reply definitely apply early AM

10. #10 Sgtstadanko707, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2012
    [quote name='"GSN1PA360"']Damn glad mine wasn't infested with them I only picked the ones that were on the plant off and never saw them again. You must have a shit ton if they're tearing up that much of your crop too.[/quote]

If u found one there are more. And yes if you leave them unchecked they can ruin a whole crop and it doesn't take a bunch of them to do that.

11. Found two so far sprayed spinosad this morning hoping to keep them at bay for a couple more weeks.

12. [quote name='"5150"']

8 days of flushing? Or 8 days after flushing? How many plants and how big? What rate are you losing bud right now?[/quote]
    18 plants about 4 foot tall been giving straight water for 8 days

13. Ease up on the water, they are flushed, I highly recommend using a BT based product... safe to use daily, no chemicals! Draw back is that you are applying moisture to the bud mass... sure way to get mold, try something BT powered, mix as per directions not super strong, apply every other day in the EARLY MORNING and the sun will assist the evaporation. The lil worms must eat some of the liquid, it takes a day or two but after initial ingestion they no longer eat! They starve to death in 2-3 days... but you have to wait for the hidden eggs to hatch, that's why every other day till they die off some

14. I want to thank all of you for your input it really helps