Great new way to Get rid of smell

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by lukas002, Dec 29, 2010.

1. I recently discovered a great way to eliminate odors, I bought a humidifier, and put 1/4 cup if that of vinegar, dilluted in the humidifier. The vinegar fucks up any odor!, I have a plant in my closed that is 4 weeks into flowering, and usually when i open my door to tend to it, my whole room reaks like pot, not this time!, all i could smell was a faint smell of vinegar, Ultrasonic 360 degree humidifier at walmart for 30$, plus vinegar 2$ GOOD INVESTMENT!
    and its easier to breathe, and i dont have dry skin anymore.

2. Ill have to try this!

3. So you pretty much douched out the air.:p Sorry couldnt help it. But hey if it works then you came up with a good cheap way of dealing with odor. Just hope your buds dont end up with a vinegary smell.

4. Cool, although I thought running a humidifier during flower wasn't really recommended.

5. As long as its not to humid. 35-50% during veg and a little more then 50% during flowering is what I heard is a good range for humidity.

6. Sounds good to me, i can just regulate the humidity accordingly, after i buy a hygrometer.
    Vinegar has been known for its odor eliminating qualities, this is a good way of dispersing it. Although I don't know if it is healthy to inhale vinegar on a daily basis...

7. Not to start a fight or anything even close but 50% seems quite high for flowering. It all depends on the strain 50% with some high yield "Big Bud" for example will surely cause bud riot I would think over time.

I can't knock the method as I haven't tried it per se but as far as I know dollar for dollar and in terms of length of use nothing beats good ole carbon

8. This seems to work, on slightly small grows

9. Yea will be curious to find out after curing if you notice the flavor or smell of the bud to be "tainted".
    Please keep us updated I would institute this in a heartbeat if it doesn't.

10. I think it's definitely an effective way of getting rid of odor instantly, I feel confident that if I had 2-3 flowering plants in a closet, with a humidifier and vinegar in the room, it wouldn't smell at all. I think this is something that could be used temporarily to for immediate odor control, if you don't have the money to invest in carbon. I however use a 4 inch carbon filter in a cardboard box, but whenever I opened my closet to check my plant, it would make my room wreak for sometime. this is a great solution. And you would only have to use it when your plant started to flower and smell.