Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Great ideas for homemade bowls?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Kracken, Apr 20, 2011.

1. I have been tokin for quite a few years now and have a huge collection of homemade bongs, pipes, bubblers ect. But one thing that always stumps me in the process is how to incorporate a bowl into my new peice. I don't like making bowls out of tin foil because everyone knows it can cause Alzheimer's down the road if used too often.

So my point is has anyone found any good ideas for bowls that have an airtight connection the down-stem. The best I have found is to use ratchet sockets but i can't figure out a way to get an airtight seal to the down-stem. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

2. I have made a home made bong before. I used a gatorade bottle, a pen, trumpet mouth piece, and to make and airtight seal I use wax from when I had braces a while ago. You could probably just use surf wax though.

3. well i don't have a trumpet mouth piece layin around lol, but great idea with the wax

4. In my homemade bong I used a pen a water bottle a 3/16 socket and to make it air tight I used chewed bubble gum. Kinda gross for some ppl but it really really works great!!

5. i cant use some thing thats permanent though. i need to be able to pull the bowl out of the slide everytime. Thats where the real problem is.

6. #6 E=MC420, Apr 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I see. Sorry I can't help u there. Really wish I could!

7. A taco, preferably hard shell.

8. #8 E=MC420, Apr 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    ???? Wat do u mean???

9. You know those small metal door stoppers that are behind all the doors in your house? Take off two of them, or better yet buy two that are identical in size. One should screw into the other, effectively making a down stem/pull stem combo

10. lol to that hard* shell taco idea

i dont understand how i could use the door stopper, mine are bolts with tiny rubber stoppers at the end, not the coil ones,

holy shit, if i can find a big rubber stopper i could bore out a snug hole for the down-stem in one side and snug hole for the socket on the the other!
    it would have to be pretty big though ill see what i can find,

CONTINUE WITH ALL THE IDEAS, I APPRECIATE IT