Great Bong That Holds Taste Well?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by BabriLaki, May 23, 2013.

1. Hey guys,

I am looking to drop about $800. I want a bong that doesnt filter out the taste and will allow me to fully taste the cannabis. I have been looking at Toro, Olympic, and SG. Any opinions on what I should go with? I saw the stem8 but a lot of people say the flavor sucks out of it. Let me know! Thanks. 

2. If you are looking for flavor look into a nice mini tube. Generally the smaller the bong the more flavor. 

3. I'd try to hold out and save a little more for a SG peyote pillar.

4. #4 bondkiller, May 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2013

this is very true. i have 2 bongs, a 16" straight tube & an 11" "mini" beaker. hits from the 16" feel like just pulling air almost but it doesn't really have a taste just....meh. now the mini beaker, that will kick your lung's ass if you take too large of a hit but if you hit it just right, taste almost exactly how the nug smells usually.

i also think the downstem you choose has alot to do with it as well, showerheads give better taste along with any other simple, drag-free downstem design.

and you could probably get a "mini" tube for $100-150 if you look around, even high-end companies are producing some budget options.

5. Im not a fan of mini to small bongs :/ and an SG pillar is twice what I am looking to spend. What is the best bong for my budget at $800? 

6. Im leaning more towards a Toro right now due to JP's rep across boards. Thoughts? 

7. If you can get into in LHS that has mobious get one of those if you can inspect it

Sent from device_name using Grasscity Forum App

8. Not to mention what apix would do for ya

Sent from device_name using Grasscity Forum App

I paid full retail for mine and it was 1200.  I could've gotten a better deal if I had cash on me.  If you know where to look you can sometimes find used ones for 900-1000.

Generally the more the diffusion the less taste.  It's always hard to find that perfect piece cause everyone likes something different.  If I were you I'd take a look at pillars (sov, itza, apix) and swiss percs (nate dizzle).  And smaller pieces do tend to have more taste, but they also are usually a bit hotter and harsher.

10. #10 shaggish, May 26, 2013
    Last edited: May 26, 2013
    [​IMG]