Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Gravity Bong Cap Resin Question!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by PositiveVibe, Mar 21, 2010.

1. #1 PositiveVibe, Mar 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2010
    Edit: I understand that multi-paragraph perpetual post is a bit over explanatory. Skip to the bottom if you hate reading :D

I'd enjoy the help, but I understand all the text may be a bit of a throw off. So you can skip all the crap and go straight to the question if you'd like, I'll bold it. Sorry for the babbling, lol, I enjoy story telling. The question is at the bottom.

Sup GC. Always been lurking around and reading all of the very useful info on this site, same goes to the information that's just god-awful haha, for quite some time. Decided I'd become a part of the community as well as get my question answered. I'll get to my question, but first a bit of a story. Sorry all, I'm a bit of an incessant babbler! I'll try to keep it short so I can get straight to the question.

So I recently came across some green and started smoking it in the best method (for my situation) I know how. I whipped out a good ole' Gravity Bong. One hit and I'm pretty blazed; Two hits I'm pretty fucked up lol. I don't have a large tolerance to the stuff, due to me not smoking all too much (don't get it all too often), so that's very nice. Well, the recent green I acquired was pretty nice, I believe I'll just classify it as Chronic, as that's what my friend's D primarily works with. It was only a half 1/8 though.

Well, I just smoked it all, boy was that fun.. In a week or two I was going to just get my cap, then scrape and smoke the resin, since I know my tolerance will allow me to get high. (I already know the pros and cons of resin. I lightly dance the flame on the resin ball and smoke it, it successfully gets me high. I love the boiling effect the resin ball seems to have when you lightly dance the flame on it, haha.) But, I then came across something that made me almost shit myself. (Do know, I don't get the luxery of smoking all the time, it's a treat to me. So I make sure to use what I have.) So here's a bit more of a story before coming back to what made me shit myself.

About 3 weeks ago I went to my cousins, bought a sack of some GREAT shit (was a bit less than a half 1/8, fucker ripped me off even though we combined our money evenly. His dealer hooked him up fat due to the abundance of costumers he's brought in.), smoked with him (one decently packed joint), got sent home stoned and TOTALLY misplaced my own weed. I TOTALLY thought I had lost it or my cousin took it from me (Because I didn't really want to smoke too much, due to the fact of how much he ripped me off). So I eventually shrugged that off thinking either the bastard smoked my weed (Cuz I didn't smoke in abundance with him) or that I dropped it somewhere.

Now, I said this stuff was GREAT, and I know some people over exaggerate that.. But I'm not. My cousin smokes NOTHING but super great shit that has always sent me on a fuckin' trip and a half, lol. Let me explain. When I said I was sent home stoned, I probably really should say I was BAKED. haha.

I have this midium-sized brown envelope/bag, I got it when I ordered a dvd from china. It has a bit of bubble wrap on the inside (that I never removed, since it hides my stash well), but when I went to put my cap (that I use for my gravity, which I never really put away in the stash bag) I found my hidden sack! I guess somehow, as I was HIGH AS FUCK in my hurry to hide my weed, cap and pipe from my folks, the weed sack somehow got so mixed up with the bubble wrap it was near invisible. Even when I had emptied the envelope/bag at least three times, I never found it (I guess you all know how i hide my weed now, instead of dropping it in the bag haha). So you can only imagine the amount of excitement I have over the fact that I just found a little less than a half eighth of some super stuff that I completely misplaced after only one decent sized joint.

Here's the follow up to my question now, Sorry for the illimitable text everyone.

I like to smoke resin, it's my preference and I'm sticking to it. At least, I like to smoke it at this point in my life and with the amount of tolerance I have to THC. Tar or not, it still gets me high because of the small amounts of THC it has (whereas I know it doesn't get other people high, and they'd prefer to just get rid of it instead of smoke it.) But I was wondering this...

The cap that I have is a 1-liter/2-liter cap, I use it with my 2-liter bottle which I use as a Gravity Bong. The cap is quite resinated from my last use, and I was wondering if I should just scrape the resin and save it, or keep the resin in there until I'm completely done with the other sack?

I ask this because I know that some people like their pieces clean, so they get the pure ganja taste. Whereas some people like to keep their pieces resinated while smoking. Will me scraping my piece give me better hits/lesser hits?

Do know that I like to have resin to smoke, so no negatives about "Don't smoke resin, it sucks!". I like it, I don't mind the detrimental effects the tar has on my lungs and it DOES get ME high.

So FINALLY. Edit: Do know, this is the last sack I'll have for, most likely, months. I have roughly 1-1.5 grams I'd estimate.. I'd attach a pic, but I doubt it's necessary.

Should I scrape the resin and save it, and then smoke the other sack?
    Should I scrape what I have, save it and the clean my cap after every (or every other) use with the other sack (so the hits are clean for ganja)?

Or just leave it resinated until I'm done with the sack and THEN scrape it?

Thank you to those of you who enjoyed my babbling or don't mind it. And thank you to those who can help me out with my decision. Do know, I don't plan on smoking for about a week (clean my system a bit and let my mind get some well deserved rest), so feel free to help me out, even if you're a little late.

Happy Toking

2. I am just going to appoligize and say I can't read all of that. Nothing should take that long to explain. Not hating.

• Like Like x 1
  3. haha cool story bro i wish that would happen to me once in a while... well anyways getting to the question i think you should keep it resinated and smoke the rest of your stash, then scrape it. i personally like resin too, so wenever i decide to scrape my piece, i want to make sure theres enough to get me high... nd theres no better way of doin that than smokin more weed to get more resin :D

4. #4 PositiveVibe, Mar 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2010
    Ugh, I'm sorry about that. :eek: I realized that what I had typed was far too thorough and long. I guess I started off with giving background info and just went far too into it than necessary. I guess that's what the green does to me. :D Though, I left a disclaimer exclaiming to people to just skip all the garbage and go straight to the question(s) if the text was a throw off.

Perhaps being a little too over insightful, with my potentially-possible last sack to be, may have made me want to explain my situation far too well. Again, I apologize

Yeah, but do know that this is a small socket in a cap. I felt that if I scraped what was in there now (which there's definitely enough to get my pretty high for two days), there'd be more room for new resin to form. But hey, if you think I should just keep resonating my piece, I'll keep that in consideration until the day comes I smoke. :D Thank you for your input mate

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dame that was long, but I imagine you would wanna smoke resin when your out of bud, so since you got bud keep smoking it. When your out and you wanna smoke then scrape the resin out.

6. Yes I do like to smoke resin when I'm out of bud, helps stretch out my buzz/high when I'm out. Because I know that when I'm out, I'm out for weeks/months. :p Thanks for the tip man

7. wow dude no offense but i have never read that much just to get to one of the most inane questions ive ever read. its cool though i talk a lot and restate things mad when im high. id just wait to scrape the resin though, less work and itll be easier to scrape and ull get more if u wait.

why cant u get more buds?

8. Whaaaaaaaaat

9. Damn, and I'll take res hits on day 1 of 2 of no weed and then end up getting more bc the res hits aren't cutting it and I want to be stoned lol....!