Grave robbing...in the name of science

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by tacoeater, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Ok what sparked this thread idea for me is I read an article in the St. Louis Post Dispatch that the STL museum had a law suit against Egypt in regards to the ownership of the Ka-Nefer-Nefer mask. The museum bought the mask in 1998 for half a mil from some guy and has had it displayed ever since. Egypt claims that the mask was stolen and they want it back. Here is a link to the story... Art museum sues to keep Egyptian mummy mask

I personally believe they should give the mask back, regardless if it was stolen or not. It means more to the Egyptian people than us anyways. And that got me thinking, why is it cool for us to dig up humans and display them in the name of history/science but if you go dig up someones grandma today and steal the rings off her fingers, you will go to jail and be labeled crazy. Same with digging up indians/aritfacts. Now I am a big arrow head hunter and I even dig caves. But if I ever come up on human remains I would quit digging there and leave it. So basically my question is, do you think it is right for us to have mummies/Egyptian artifacts on display places.

2. Not really. Disrespect for the dead. If you find a mummy, take a picture, and then cover then back up. I honestly wouldn't dig graves up, but i don't think less of people who do. I knew a dude who dug his friends grave up because he wanted to be cremated, and wasn't.

3. Theres two sides to this one one hand i dont think digging up anything thats dead is good. But on the other we have learned a SHIT ton of stuff from digging up mummies and what not. Idk im prety fucking drunk and high burt thats what i think
    :wave: