Grav Labs - Where are they made?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by sh3af, Sep 28, 2013.

1. In all I have bought 3 Grav Labs water pipes, thinking that they were made in the US, but now I've been reading online that they outsourced to China. Is this only for the Helix pipe or for all Grav Labs products?

2. my understanding is all GravLabs is now made in China

3. Not sure about now. But they used to have a shop in the states.

4. Its just helix that got outsourced (except the helix onies) i'm pretty sure. All the Gravlabs products are still in Austin. But where they're getting their raw glass from is suspect if they're willing to outsource. Still, they have dope designs and good blowers. Don't think I've ever seen a bad weld or a crooked joint by them

5. Yeah, or they have such High standards they wont let any bad joints or low quality work through to the public.

6. the newer batch of domes i saw by GravLabs felt about half as thick as the old ones

7. They are certainly still made right here in Austin. I have three Grav Labs pieces and they are some of the best quality made pieces I have smoked. I love their downstems

8. My grav labs steamroller is one of my favorite pieces. I've dropped it on concrete getting out of my truck and it didn't have any damage at all, not even a scuff mark.

9. :)

Attached Files:

10. China for helix, and apparently they're still made in austin but i dont think they're. and if they're still made in austin then they're using raw china glass and joints. grav labs is pretty shit prodo company anyways. only thing i would buy from them is maybe a little hammer bubbler

11. #11 Quatro, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2013
    Grav labs is alright. I have quite a few pieces by them including a helix- though im not sure how I feel about it and will most likely sell it. Their bubblers I really enjoy though, it has a unique design to it (looks like a hammer) and my friend has one of the same bubblers and has a retrofitted ammo case from ww2 that acts as a case for the bubbler now, its really neat. But the helix outsourcing does not surprise me.

edit: helix bong blows tho, still works but its so expensive for such a novelty. But I guess it looks cool? I must have gotten my helix from when they didn't outsource those, I cant break it. I've dropped it on concrete, gravel, my floor, threw it, knocked it off a 5 foot tall table to the ground below, not a crack. So while I may no longer be impressed with the novelty of the helix, its still a very durable piece.