Grasshoppers on my outside plants

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Jakesparks202, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Hi I put some plants outside the other day and woke up to grasshoppers eating the big fan leaves . What's best way to get rid of them permanently ?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. DE helps, but those buggars are tough.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I am guessing you are in flower? Insecticidal soap really can kill some bugs. Soak entire plant near dusk and rinse in the morning.

4. You can also dust the entire plant with DE.

5. As long as you are not in final flush you can dose neem oil with waterings and soak the roots. They may take a few bites but then bail cuz it will spread through the plant systemically.

Don't spray the neem solution onto leaves in flower stage tho, only in veg.

• Like Like x 1
  6. As long as you are not in final flush you can dose neem oil with waterings and soak the roots. They may take a few bites but then bail cuz it will spread through the plant systemically

Use neem seed meal in your soil not oil.

Don't spray the neem solution onto leaves in flower stage tho, only in veg.

I spray my plant with neem oil up to 2 weeks in flower with no problems. Ive heard of people using it all the way to harvest with no problem.

• Like Like x 1
  7. They must be using a light mix on the neem oil. I would say to avoid neem in flower as they now think the cannabis hypermesis sickness is actually Azadirachtin poisoning.