Grasscity...the anti-alcohol community.

Discussion in 'General' started by cesscapade, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Come to Portsmoutth city centre on any night and you'll see us Brits go in way harder than you people :D

2. Really man I mean common its a weed forum wtf do you expect a bunch of beer bros?

3. I'm not anti alcohol but I can't drink anymore. 18 days alcohol free wooo only weed for me from now on.

Good job, keep it up. 230 days clean and sober here.

5. Yeah, the British have always had a binge drinking culture more prevalent and problematic than most places around the globe. The Yanks do it, the Aussies do it, the Europeans do it... but like most things, the British do it better. I'm only saying that slightly tongue-in-cheek.

I like a beer or two during my hot afternoons after work, and I'll throw down some liquor on the weekends. But I don't like getting shitfaced anymore. I don't like how it feels, I don't like the hangover, I don't like not being myself; I'm obnoxious enough already.

That said, I'm also 25 and entering a different stage of life. I'd have a far different opinion of this were a couple years ago.

But that's exactly what happens every weekend to a lot of people. Nobody ever learns their limits except by going a million times past their actual limits, which is fucking stupid.

Marijuana can be abused as well as alcohol. What happens to many who abuse alcohol and are unable to stop? Tremors, Intense vomiting, stomache and liver cancers, Liver disease leading to Cirrhosis.

Marijuana's most extreme symptoms to the "addict" of the same caliber: Insomnia, Loss of motivation (not confirmed to be a real thing)

Just can't say that the repercussions of both addictions are anywhere in the same ballpark. For some unlucky souls, alcohol addiction is equal to heroin addiction for as to how their bodies have been trashed. Deal with the facts.

Pffft, the British
    all talk

I drink them under the table EVERY time

8. haha good girl wait till me and the other 2nd generation irish get on this neknomination lol theres three of us this is kicking off a chara

9. Yes cannabis can be easily abused just like alcohol, but where they differ is through the long term effects.

Most people here are young, inexperienced and when they drink it is way too much which then results in them having a bad experience and resenting their choices, but instead of blaming themselves for their own failure to drink responsibly they blame the alcohol and as you said will have harsh views on it.

In my opinion, I do not see what the hype of alcohol is, very lousy high, although it is alright for social situation (but those can easily get out of hand) and the results are usually people filled with this false confidence embarrassing themselves, using alcohol as a median to act like a fool.

10. Meh, weeds' more the culture around here.. Leave liquor for the weekends.

11. i kmow man sipping on there coars light i sat there in st james gate aged 14 after pouring a pint if guinness as the experience drank that point the yanks wud pour it but not drink it so all these yank women giving me and the old man pint after pint staring at me like whats goim on this kids got 4 empty pint glasses infront of him captian i never looked backed honestly

culture here is drink everyday :laughing:

13. Fuck alcohol smoke trees

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. I'm part Polish game on :D

15. dont start this again captain

haha grand
    @[member="TonyCartman"] and myself will meet you in Dublin airport then

game motherfuckin on lad :devious:

17. thatd be a challenge gettin pissed and trying to drive out of dublin airport fuckin hell

Someone who is drunk all day can not be a productive member of society 

Someone who is high all day can be 

Their not the same, if you smoke weed all day you are very different from someone who cracks a can at 8 am 

19. Haha forgot to mention I'm from Somerset Magners is for pussies  :p 
    You got any equivalent of our scrumpy cider? The more opaque or lumpy the better.