GrassCity? Thank You!

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Thinker2357, Jan 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Thinker2357, Jan 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2012
    Since this is the General Feedback forum and not just the complaint department, I thought I would voice my opinion. Since I have seen no threads expressing gratitude to GrassCity, I thought I would start one.

Thank you GrassCity for keeping this place up and running. I full well know that meeting the day-to-day challenges of keeping the site open is not easy. There were problems last year, there are problems this year, and there will be more problems next year. This is the way of life. The past few weeks have been especially challenging and busy ones for you. You have managed the problems well and kept the site up and running. Sure, there have been some problems, but these sorts of things are to be expected. You have done well, so Thank you.

I do notice much complaining directed at the moderators. Oftentimes several threads on the same issue. This complaining is difficult to understand. To be sure, GC is not perfect all the time, but it works well enough most of the time. When it doesn't work, the moderators are not responsible for breaking it but they are, however, good enough to fix it. I think the average user can standby for a few days until it gets fixed with no problems and shouldn't complain.

Hell, back in the '80s we didn't even have the internet and we did alright. Now, people act like they can't live without it. I was one of the first people on line back in '91 and have been here ever since and there have always been problems. The computer has an "off" switch and I have a life. If GC goes down for a few hours, believe me, its no big deal. I'm certainly not going to complain about it to the mods.

I have no complaint with last night's firewall problem. In fact I have a big "THANK YOU" for GNIK DRAZIL for fixing the problem.

In fact, I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank a bunch of people for helping me out during my time here.

From way back in the early days when I first got here there was KEEPSMOKINREEFA who helped me along and got me started. I guess he still gets my reports from time to time. Good solid dude. Props to KSR.

Of course, LIQUIDTRUTH, a big thank you shout out to LT.

Big time thank you, my biggest, to WILDWILL for all the support and encouragement. Very cool people. Good stuff, dude.

Much thanks for SIRSOG who, somehow, managed to drag me this far without giving up. Total trooper.

Big thanks to JUNKIEDAYS without who's support I wouldn't even be posting. She hasn't spit in my face (yet). LOL!

Especially sending out much stoner love to:

mat369, superjoint, Stylez1877, Durchii, RMJL, Madmike420, BUDSLINGER, and I know I forgot a bunch.

If I forgot your name, PM me. Sorry.

But Thank You.

And how could I forget ERIC111E for helping me learn from my mistakes. Thank you Eric!

2. No, he's not. Not by a LONGSHOT. What was the point of that comment anyway?

Sheesh

3. [quote name='"SkunkPatronus"']That's some funny shit. You are probably the mods biggest complainer :D

Thanks GC, however....[/quote]

Um, actually he's one of the most helpful users

More than can be said about you, isn't it.... don't even recognize you

4. All great people and I don't blame the ones that would like to see me banned

5. Whoah... Why did mushroom get banned?
    Anyone send a pm if this post needs to be deleted? (Not sure if it's a no-no to ask,sorry).

6. Afaik discussing mod actions publicly is not allowed. I am sure there is a valid reason. In order not to get this thread flamed up , i am closing this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.