Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Grasscity Mythbusters!

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by 1HitWonder, Dec 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just reading a post by Volcano South inspired me to create a new thread activity! GRASSCITY MYTHBUSTERS!

Here's how it's going to work, Any member of the GC Community may post a myth in this thread. I will test the myth in most possible ways and then post feedback on whether or not it was successful or not.

Also, I will edit the OP and add all the myths after they've been tested.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Myth

2. waste of a thread

3. wrong forum

4. Myth #1: The majority of posters in Seasoned Tokers are actually seasoned tokers and not high school kids who think they are cool just because they smoke cannabis.

5. myth busted

6. Tough guy eh

7. what a piece of shit thing to say, this is supposed to be a community

8. Myth #2: There aren't that many aholes on GC.

Elend.

P.S. So far, this thread is bustin' the myth...

9. What makes you think that you're qualified to bust myths? Let's see your credentials.

See the thing about the REAL Mythbusters show is that Jaimie and Adam have 30 years of special effects experience and have engineering backgrounds that they draw upon to test the myths. They also do their own research, and in the beginning came up with their own myths to bust. You wanna bust myths, that's all well and good, but you need to a) establish credentials and b) come up with some myths to bust BEFORE asking others to help you out.

Nice try, but try again.

10. Oh geez. It's the holidays folks!

11. Wow, bunch of d-bags in the city today.
    The idea itself (Cannabis Myths) is a decent thing to look into, considering the constant bickering about everything about weed between pretty much everyone.

If it were well executed it could very well be turned into a forum of its own, dedicated to the people who would look for myths needing busting/approving and then intelligently bust/approve that myth through testing just as they would on the real mythbusters.

12. move this to recreational, theyd be glad to have it, unlike these "seasoned" tokers, what does the seasoned mean? im pissed at everyone bcause the first time i bought weed it was just seasoning?

13. all of you guys are no fun. post credentials? wouldn't that amount to posting a "man i'm so seasoned" thread? I like the idea of a mj mythbuster. go for it

14. See, I agree with you. IF there were people who had some background in science, and were smokers, and who had done the research and had the training, then I'd be very interested in a Marijuana Myth Busting.

Because, I wouldn't want to see/read something created by some high school kid who just started smoking pot last year and thinks it's way cool. Hell, I've been smoking pot for 20 years, and I wouldn't even consider doing a Mythbusters thing on Pot because i don't have the biological or physical science background that it would take to do real scientific experiments that would either prove or bust the myth. Given my background (I was an English major in College) the best I could do would be to do the research on the cultural background of marijuana use through history. But I couldn't do an experiment on say, "Smoking Resin: Does it really get you high or is it just carbon dioxide poising and a lack of oxygen". That would require CREDENTIALS. Which is why I asked for them.

15. not really... it would just take some fancy materials.. like a spectrometer or w.e that measures the contents of smoke.... see if there thc and if there is, there is one aspect... if their is a high amount of co2 however, then take a hit of that amount of co2 and hold your breath for as long as you would hold resin, and see the relative results... if its a resin high,.. then there ya go...

you dont need credentials for the most part, just some creactivity, someone smart who does have credentials, and fancy materials/'money lol

Fuck i wish i got into Brown; denied :( lol

16. Busted... :rolleyes::p

17. Sorry, I'm not buying your analogy there. You still have to learn that stuff somewhere, either in a science class or from a book. You don't just pull stuff like that out of your asshole. And I'd STILL rather read/watch something from someone with a background in Physics rather than some jerkweed who never could make it through college and understand the scientific method. Not saying that's you, but the thing about Mythbusters the show that makes it credible is that the people behind the show KNOW what they're doing.

18. #19 bostondutchmast, Dec 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2008
    heres a myth u can do, although its more of experiments.

which blunt / cigars burn the slowest

of course you would have to do it right and show the facts and stuff.

theres also a myth that cannabis oil can cure some types of skin cancer.

and whats the most effective way to smoke and efficiant.

and theres also a product that kymani marley endorses called balance the herb. test taht see if it works

19. #20 iamgoober14, Dec 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2008
    man this dooshbag is totally inspiring me to quit weed, if thats what i turn into after 20 years of smoking then fuck that,
    its a forum, we discuss things, were not trying to make a fucking weed textbook, it was supposed to be a fun idea but you fucking killed it, thanks asshole, oh and ur so awesome for smoking weed for 20 years, ur so seasoned bro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.