Grasscity members... you rock!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Leafof5, Nov 14, 2012.

1. I actually have no real questions. Everything I've ever needed to know, I've learned on here from you guys. There's always an answer posted somewhere. That said. I just wanted to give you all a shout out for growing. Whether you're commercial or a closet grower, just by doing what you do, you're contributing towards the "good fight" on helping to alleviate prohibition on cannabis. Kudos to you all for keeping bud alive and well and in the hands of the sick, bored, and hungry.

Myself? I've got a couple of small grows under my belt. The first was great, the second was interrupted after we bought a new home and I was exposed! I cleaned house and kept low for the past year. Finally I'm doing it right. In line fans, 600w hps/mh cool tube digital ballast, ducting, mylar, hidden door, carbon filters, mother cabinet, coco coir hydro. Ready to go. I found a clone connection in milwaukee (I live in northern wisconsin) for various strains. Gonna roll with the OG Kush! :hello:

Thanks for checking out the thread and being there for everyone guys. Shout out to Grass City for giving us a platform to connect with each other.

I

2. <3 Keep growing right along side the plants that you cultivate. Peace be with you!

3. I agree, Gc is awesome. Good luck with your new grow.

If you don't mind me asking, what got you found out on the previous grow. Maybe we can learn from your experience.

4. Great question... We live in a small town. My wife, kids, and I moved here from Milwaukee about four years ago. Renting was the viable option for us until we sold our last home. Also, we weren't sure if we were going to like it here or not. We found a large 3 bedroom home that was owned by a soldier deployed in Iraq. He eventually returned home after a year or so and we got to meet for the first time. We ended up becoming pretty good buddies.

Later, I decided to try my luck at a closet fluorescent grow. Went pretty good :smoking:. So I tried it again! lol. Right around when I switched the closet to flower during that grow, my landlord (buddy) said he needed the house cause he was living in a hotel or something. lol. My wife and I decided to buy a new home and everything happened real fast. During the day we were to move, her mother passed away from her battle with cancer (Marijuana helped her through that). I had to finish the move while my wife left to tend to her father back in Milwaukee.

The morning of day two of the move, my landlord buddy thought he'd be a "good guy" and let himself in the rental I was moving out of while I was sleeping at the new house and decided to help pack up my things. He found the closet still set up with grow equipment and he put two and two together. He didn't say anything till he was back at my new house and snuck into the basement where I was still setting up the plants' new home. He said that it was cool and they looked great, yada yada yada. I was...relieved?

While at work the next day, I began thinking to myself...."Don't trust anyone. I have a family to think about". I came home at lunch and chopped everything down and put into plastic bags and dumped em in a business's dumpster that wasn't in view of cameras. Told my buddy that I scrapped the grow and was done with that stuff.

If there's a lesson to learn, don't get caught. lol. Obvious, right? When your new to growing, it's easy to be careless and let things go. Luckily, I never actually got ratted out and no legal action was involved. I made a precautionary decision to just "end it" when someone I didn't fully trust to keep their trap shut, found me out. So, as far as anyone knows, I'm out. lol. Since then I've had time to build my "secret" room. Only two people in this world do I fully trust with my life; and that's my wife and sister. My sister is actually in charge of being my contact person. I'm just "someone she knows". She has the contact on a person who owns a hydro business and sets up grow rooms. He also deals in clones. I don't and won't deal. I'll grow for minimal profit that she'll share.

5. [quote name='"Leafof5"']
    Great question... We live in a small town. My wife, kids, and I moved here from Milwaukee about four years ago. Renting was the viable option for us until we sold our last home. Also, we weren't sure if we were going to like it here or not. We found a large 3 bedroom home that was owned by a soldier deployed in Iraq. He eventually returned home after a year or so and we got to meet for the first time. We ended up becoming pretty good buddies.

Later, I decided to try my luck at a closet fluorescent grow. Went pretty good :smoking:. So I tried it again! lol. Right around when I switched the closet to flower during that grow, my landlord (buddy) said he needed the house cause he was living in a hotel or something. lol. My wife and I decided to buy a new home and everything happened real fast. During the day we were to move, her mother passed away from her battle with cancer (Marijuana helped her through that). I had to finish the move while my wife left to tend to her father back in Milwaukee.

The morning of day two of the move, my landlord buddy thought he'd be a "good guy" and let himself in the rental I was moving out of while I was sleeping at the new house and decided to help pack up my things. He found the closet still set up with grow equipment and he put two and two together. He didn't say anything till he was back at my new house and snuck into the basement where I was still setting up the plants' new home. He said that it was cool and they looked great, yada yada yada. I was...relieved?

While at work the next day, I began thinking to myself...."Don't trust anyone. I have a family to think about". I came home at lunch and chopped everything down and put into plastic bags and dumped em in a business's dumpster that wasn't in view of cameras. Told my buddy that I scrapped the grow and was done with that stuff.

If there's a lesson to learn, don't get caught. lol. Obvious, right? When your new to growing, it's easy to be careless and let things go. Luckily, I never actually got ratted out and no legal action was involved. I made a precautionary decision to just "end it" when someone I didn't fully trust to keep their trap shut, found me out. So, as far as anyone knows, I'm out. lol. Since then I've had time to build my "secret" room. Only two people in this world do I fully trust with my life; and that's my wife and sister. My sister is actually in charge of being my contact person. I'm just "someone she knows". She has the contact on a person who owns a hydro business and sets up grow rooms. He also deals in clones. I don't and won't deal. I'll grow for minimal profit that she'll share.[/quote]

Just goes to show, shit you would think wont happen always does at the wrong time. Glad your buddy was cool with everything. Owning the house will drastically cut down on your chances of anything else happening.

I had some issues at home that caused me to get rid of everything. Basicly my wife, who was ok with my three plant closet grow, got a little overwhelmed by the time I upgraded to a tent and 7 plants. She isn't the type to get me busted, but I just couldn't shake the uneasy feeling. She doesn't smoke, and doesn't like the smell. Not to mention the legal issues. She doesn't care if I smoke, just don't care for the growing.

I also want to grow legally somewhere, for a living if possible. You can't work in a dispensary in some states if you have felonies so no more for me until I can move.

6. Dude. We seem to have a lot in common. lol. My wife is the same way. She doesn't mind the smoke and is a huge hemp advocate, but marijuana really isn't her thing. She thinks it should be legal, but she has no love for it. She's always nervous about it and that makes me a little nervous. Not that she'd ever rat me out, but if there ever was a situation where police would be questioning her, I don't think she'd be a convincing liar. lol.

I have to laugh at your post. My "little" closet grow I started turned into a little more of an operation that she didn't suspect. It's a love man. Always gotta push the envelope with the ol' ladies. lol.

7. I only read the last page, but I got a similar story. I grew 3 plants in my closet when my baby mama moved out. This girl moved into my spare room to help on rent and helped me grow for a month. It was suppolse to be short time and she wasn't on the lease. My daughters mom finally took herself off and my income wasn't enough. The girl living with me only had minimal state ast. I was in a tough situation. Either we both had to move which wasn't cost effective or she had to get out and id moive in my co work and now current girlfriend. I let her know the situation and she wasn't to happy, but left a few weeks later. Because of how she left I chopped and got rid of my plants. They were 3 weeks from being done and I regret it but I had to be safe. I took my lights down and threw away the weed. I stopped growing for 7 months until I got a chance I couldn't pass up. A guy I know with a warehouse grow got busted and had to get rid of plants. He hooked me up with several and I figured id put my lights back to use. My girl didn't approve. Thankfully it was april so I threw them outside. I was able to donate almost all of it off and reinvest it to get a house. I am finally back on my feet and will have 100 plants in a week - at 42 right now. I guess everything happens for a reason. If I didn't chop I would have kept doing small personal closet grows and never explore outdoors. This season changed me finacially and now I can achieve my goals of bigger harvests.

8. i'm gonna pack a bowl to you GC!!!

(i've made this thread before too)

9. Mad props need to be given out to those who take their time to post, answer questions, and give suggestions. I too learned everything here on grasscity, and now I repay the favor by helping those who were in my position when I first signed up on this website

10. This has been one of the most enjoyable reads. I'm in the same boat as leafs of five. My wife doesn't smoke it, but thinks it should be legal. My little project quickly got bigger than she (even we) thought, and its just this funny thing about marriage. You get your foot in the door and slowly expand your hobby. My wife is wino really, and I just don't get how she can like to get tipsy but doesn't enjoy weed. Idk. Seems to be a theme here. Anyway, back to the OP's post, I'd be lost without the help I've gotten on GC. Not just that, but its the comradery. Especially for a hobby that I don't tell anyone about, it's nice to jump on and show off the girls.

11. I had to laugh my butt off at your "foot in the door" comment. I do that all the time to my wife with things. I did it back in April with an old Harley I picked up. "Honey... I only need this much money to do this and I'll make this much back on it". Yeah right. I spent a ton of money and have a bad ass bike. lol. Us men are just big kids I suppose. Your situation definitely sounds like mine with the wife. lol. Only my ol' lady is a gin n tonic gal.