Grasscity getting a little to popular, maybe to the wrong people

Discussion in 'General' started by StoneColdChilla, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Am I the only one who is worried about cops on here?

I feel like people on here are to liberal about there personal information and other things. This is one of the most popular marijuana sites on the web and I'm sure there are numerous cops on here. I'm wondering, has anyone had any altercations with the law due to your activity on this web site?

I'm not saying there's a department in the DEA dedicated to pursuing people on this site, but im sure there are cops on here.

Whats stopping some local jackass detectives from coming on here, and nailing a nice, naive blade for just wanting to blaze up with a fellow blade.

I see many people on here who have met up with others on the site. Have any of you had any bad experiences with this? It just seems so susceptible to cops to me, maybe im just paranoid.

I know this isn't a post everyone on here wants to see but please guys be safe and be wary before you meet up with someone through this site.

Whats stopping a cop from finding someone on here from his city, just like a regular blade, saying "Hey, I got some dro, if your need any" or "Hey, I was wondering if you could hook me up" and bam, have you arrested, Just like To catch a predator.

Sure if someone I knew asked me for a hookup I would help them out no questions asked, but it could be very dangerous to us in situations such as this.

Please tell me what you guys think, i'm not trying to tell anyone what to do but I don't want anything bad to happen to anyone on here.

2. The rules explicitly ban talks about hookups. In any case, the cops can only do so much behind a keyboard. Be smart about your posts here and you'll be fine.

Or move to Cali, get your card, and post all you want like I do :D

3. I don't know if I should wait for MMJ to come to me or for me to come to MMJ

4. If you mean the US, they have no jurisdiction here. They cant do shit

5. I smell bacon

6. takes one to know one. :smoke:

7. Nah man, they can't legally do anything because the site is based in Amsterdam....Also I bet the newbie poster who are always asking for hookups eventually found each other and were both...cops hahaha lmao :bongin:

8. Asking for hookups is not allowed on these forums. That takes care of that.

The server is not located in the United States so no concrete evidence is available. Anybody can go around and pretend they are someone else on the internet, but there is no credibility. I think if people use common sense and avoid posting their address, credit cards, etc. (as one would avoid posting anywhere on the internet) then any problems can be avoided.

9. Im sure your concern is appreciated but I like to think most members on here have the common sense not to take part in any hookup threads.

For those who don't. Well......

10. If you're dumb enough to meet up with a stranger on here to smoke/deal/whatever, you're going to get busted. Kinda deserve it tho lol

11. My thoughts exactly. My sister lives in MD, and I think they are legal for MMJ

12. #12 JuicyGoose, Jul 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2009
    You've all got my first name. And maybe a picture, but that's it.

You know nothing else, other than I live in Acid Country, PA. :wave:

Also, I use the site to learn, discuss and answer questions. I don't know yet if I'd be willing to meet with anyone in person, I've got enough of a personal life and I know I'd hate to do anything to jeopardize it.

That and it's not like I have some huge grow going on in my house. So, I don't think they'd really want me.

13. lol I ain't worried about no 5-0 on GC
    and I'm sure they don't care about some random forum.

14. as of now i really dont have anything to hide. the cops can come to my house and bust me for a few pipes.. whoopty doo.. :rolleyes:

15. I disagree, there are posts of very large scale grow operations on here and if someone was to meet up and sell some bud to a cop they would get into a lot of trouble, this is a super popular forum, far from random.

16. yea kinda like that thread yesterday about posting 'your friends' dumb facebook status'. if you were to copy and paste a unique facebook status, it wouldn't be hard for them to find it.

not saying the OP of that thread is a cop or anything, but I wouldn't doubt it cause it's a dumb fucking thread that obviously could trick people into showing where they live.

17. If you're willing to meet up with someone who's been on the site for awhile and whose posts you've seen enough to know that they are a regular person, I'd say it's fine to meet up with people for a toke. I've personally never met up with anyone I know from the interenet but if a GCer I know sent me a PM saying they were gonna be in my area, I'd volunteer my car for a hotbox.

If you're posting grow journals on GC, you should not do that. It's just about being smart. And if you're really worried about it, make a small donation and post on the private, unarchived forums.

18. Pretty much. Ive met someone on here, but hes also a respected member

19. respected member doesn't mean shit man, be careful.

20. If they are a regular member with full rep, chances are they arent a cop. They wouldnt waste their time to do that to bust a few stoners