Granny's in the news!

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Storm Crow, Feb 25, 2018.

1. 2018 Granny Storm Crow's List Released - Salem-News.Com

2018 Granny Storm Crow's List Released
    Storm Crow Salem-News.com Cannabis De-Classified
    This newest edition is over 5,100 pages of links to just about everything related to cannabis, the cannabinoids and the endocannabinoid system.

(SALEM, Ore.) - EDITOR'S NOTE: The esteemed Dr. Phil Leveque (RIP) had great respect for this well-sourced list, and we highly recommend that all cannabis researchers and connoisseurs use it and share it.

Well, we are still waiting for Trump to make good on his words- "Marijuana is such a big thing. I think medical should happen — right? Don't we agree? I think so. And then I really believe we should leave it up to the states."* Was that just another meaningless “campaign promise”?

When will our federal government bow to reality and the will of the people, and de-schedule cannabis? An effective herbal medicine that is safer to use than common aspirin has no business being a Schedule I drug! And we all know cannabis is a far safer intoxicant to use than alcohol.

Just why are medicines that can cause “suicidal thoughts or actions” perfectly fine to prescribe, while a simple herb that lifts your mood is strictly forbidden by federal law? Why are synthetic forms of THC (Marinol, Syndros, and Cesamet) considered as legitimate medicines that can be prescribed, yet THC, when extracted from a plant, is Schedule I – having no medical uses?

Our government’s Compassionate Investigational New Drug Program has been in existence since the mid-1970s. Every single month, the aging patients in the program have received 300 pre-rolled, government-issued “marijuana cigarettes” to be used for medical purposes. If cannabis has no medical uses, why has our government continued to provide medical marijuana for those patients for decades?

Over at PubMed (a .gov site), studies detailing the varied medical uses of cannabis and the cannabinoids are being published at an increasingly rapid rate. Yet our government stubbornly clings to its out-dated claims that cannabis has NO medical uses.

This List of studies and news articles is my protest to our government’s prohibition of all forms of cannabis. It is my hope that you will share my List and its information with others. Once the facts about cannabis become known, the need for full federal legalization becomes obvious!

In 1938, hemp was called “The Billion Dollar Crop”**. To put that into perspective, in 1938 you could get a brand new luxury car, a Chrysler Royal Brougham, for all of $975. So how much do you think the industrial hemp market would be worth today? And that amount is bolstered by the many new and remarkable uses for hemp that have been created during the last 80 years.

The government’s deliberate ignorance and outright lies about this useful, healing plant must end! For 80 years, our government has waged a futile and expensive war not only against this plant, but against its own people.

The cruel fiction of “Schedule I” must give way to the facts - cannabis IS medicine and hemp is a multi-billion dollar crop just waiting to happen. And as my late grandfather once said, “If the truth won’t do, then something is wrong!”

(snipped)

And if you want your very own copy of the List as a reference, here are the links to it-

The news section-
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/n3o4f04arxtgsah/GSCLJan2018_NEWS.pdf?dl=1

The newest studies 2015 - 2018
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/hsazswtc24zuo68/GSCLJan2018_studies2015-18.pdf?dl=1

Studies 2010 - 2014
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/b3yigxmqnh4e8mo/GSCLJan2018_studies2010-14.pdf?dl=1

The Endocannabinoid System, and the Phytocannabinoids
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/sxnurxmzm50lkci/GSCLJan2018_ECS&Phytos.pdf?dl=1

Old studies and articles including some "reefer madness" doozies
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ahsf4z4imlw0bv2/GSCLJan2018_Pre-2010.pdf?dl=1

There's one more section, but the rules say I can't talk about that subject at GC, so I won't! :hide:

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Thank you Granny for all you do!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Great news and well done. Your strain list or various health problems is a great resource. Hopefully legalization may spark others curiosity into looking at the medical benefits of cannabis, and realizing that it is useful for more than just recreation.

• Like Like x 2
  4. I remember when I was on the newspaper.
    The headline was something like " daring escape over the roofs.
    Suspect disappears from 5th floor apartment after taunting cops in front of his door"
    Anyways nice work from you in an age of liars we need people to spread the truth

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. thanks granny storm crow, it's great to see this list getting updated every year. you really do a lot for the community.

one thing though- the legalization of industrial hemp in america would be huge step back for medical cannabis. nobody wants our pure strains getting cross-pollinated by industrial scale hemp farms.

6. We will just have to be more careful about growing our cannabis for seed! Greenhouses with air filtration, or indoor growing would be needed in areas where hemp is being grown. They manage to grow their own "marijuana" in Canada and Europe, even though hemp is legal to grow. And there are MANY "marijuana" seed businesses in both! You may even have bought some seeds from Canada or Europe!

I'm looking forward to "Homestead" varieties of cannabis- ones that produce a large seed, decent fiber and the buds are worth making into medicines or smoking! Cannabis is the perfect multi-purpose homesteader's plant! Even the roots have medical uses! "Cannabis Roots: A Traditional Therapy with Future Potential for Treating Inflammation and Pain" (full – 2017) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5628559/
    (Clean cannabis roots may eventually be another source of income for hydroponic growers.)

And if anyone wants to get rich, create some "Suburban strains"- plants that "smell nice" to the average person (strongly orange, lemon, piney, etc with no skunky overtones), and are compact and easy to grow! The "odor problem" is a huge barrier to legalization (and even to illegal home-growing).

Granny

• Like Like x 2
  7. i'd love it if i could stop running my carbon filter to get rid of the smell, it's legal in oregon but my neighbors have complained about the smell in the past. if someone bred a strain that had a strong citrus smell i could probably even start growing outside

• Like Like x 2
  8. Look into "Agent Orange", hon! A couple years back, I did some trimming and there was one batch that literally perfumed the whole area when the tub was opened! You might be lucky enough to get one like it.

Another possibility is C-99. Long ago, I had one that even my non-toking sons agreed smelled just like grapefruit.

Granny

• Like Like x 1
  9. I'll definitely keep an eye out when i start my grow up again in fall. Agent orange happens to also be my favorite bong cleaner if iso isn't doin the job.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I like the sound of an orange smelling cannabis.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Granny, I just read your becoming Granny Storm Crow, 2009 article. Wow, glad cannabis helped so much with your bad migraines. I hope your hubby gets relief from it as well! I feel it saved my life in 2012 when I was diagnoses with a rare cancer called Urachial cancer. I went on to educate people in my hometown but now I'm working with medical patients directly. Just making the whole experience easy to understand while they are trying cannabis instead of chemo, or along side chemo. I don't charge either. It's something I feel people need to know and understand. Every one should have the right to know how to heal themselves with this beautiful plant that is loaded with an extraordinary amount of compounds.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Weed-Haps, everyone can get my full List, free, by emailing me at stormcrow(a in a circle)greenpassion.org . (Don't forget to change the (a in a circle) to a @ . ) Please share my List with all who need it. Having 1000s of medical studies and news articles on cannabis at a click of the mouse can be empowering!

I never send out any spam, I just educate people about cannabis, so please don't spam me, folks! All I do is send out my List to help those who ask for it, and then send them free updates in August and February, so they have the latest info.

Granny

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Good to see you are still here granny. I did a cannabis essay and presented it with your facts and evidence about 4 years ago in 10th grade.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Hope you got a good grade on it, hon! I get "Thank you" notes from students fairly often. The List makes doing a "better than usual" paper on cannabis so much easier!

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 3